January 26, 2022 1:50 p.m.
The Lunar New Year gives us another shot at a fresh start. With the hope and excitement that the Year of the Water Tiger brings, it could be the year of transformation we all need. For those born in the Year of the Tiger, it’s a year for making big changes, risk-taking, and new adventures.
Whatever your zodiac sign is and whether you can expect good fortune in love, health, or wealth, equip yourself with these items on Shopee to boost your abundance and prosperity:
Luck in Love: Year of the Snake, Sheep, and Rabbit
For those born in the Year of the Snake, Sheep, and Rabbit, prepare to make strides in your love life! This year has opportunities for you to meet the right one or make your current relationship flourish.
If you’re single, it’s time to put yourself out there and meet new people. Turn heads with your youthful glow by trying Olay’s Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream + White Radiance Essence Dropper (P1,899).
This power duo formulation has Carob fruit extract and amino-peptide complex to give you plump and radiant skin. For those already in love, make your significant other fall for you even more with a Mikana 18k Rose Gold Plated Bangle Bracelet (349).
The piece is a perfect gift for any occasion, even for spontaneous surprises for when your partner least expects it.
Flaunt your couple status with matching INSPI Oversized Shirts (P350), which come in a variety of sizes and colors. These closet staples aren’t just versatile, but also extremely comfy.
Good Health: Year of the Dragon, Dog, Rat, and Ox
Those whose sign falls on the Year of the Dragon, Dog, Rat, and Ox can thrive this new year while making strides in their overall health and wellness. Achieving a sound mind and body starts with the commitment to your daily fitness goals and ample rest and relaxation.
Start each day with Vicks Immune Defense Multivitamins (P300), packed with Vitamin C to boost the immune system, Vitamin D3 to fight against infections, and Zinc to protect against cell damage.
Focus on keeping your body in tip-top shape with the Kemilng M7 PLUS Electric Treadmill Foldable Machine (P11,999). This is a must-have for your home workouts, which you should squeeze into your day no matter how busy it gets. When you need to unwind and de-stress, soothe your muscles using the HAN RIVER Massage Gun (P669).
Spend a few minutes with this to relieve tension, improve blood circulation, and boost your overall mood.
Success in Business and Career: Year of the Horse, Monkey, Rooster, Pig, and Tiger
Despite the optimistic fortune for those in the Year of the Horse, Monkey, Rooster, Pig, and Tiger, it won’t hurt to be extra careful in making big financial decisions and career moves.
Hard workers can look forward to fruitful career milestones, along with growth and investment opportunities if things fall into place this Year of the Water Tiger.
Maximize your productivity and efficiency with the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite (P23,990), an on-the-go device which lets you stay on top of your work, side hustles, and money matters. Track all your to-do lists and jot down all your business ideas and important notes on the simple and straightforward The Everyday Classic Planner (P750).
Have the best of both worlds by enjoying the functionality of a gadget and the memory retention of classic notetaking.
Lastly, stay comfortable through the long working hours by getting a home office essential like the Headrest Tiltable Mesh Home Office Chair. (P1,562).No matter what zodiac sign, you can have a seamless, rewarding online experience this Year of the Water Tiger with ShopeePay, Shopee’s all-in-one e-wallet.
Score exclusive deals and discounts when you buy load, pay bills, and scan to pay at thousands of merchants nationwide. Get up to 10% off on load across all networks and up to 25% cashback on your monthly bills from over 60 billers.
For food and essentials, get big savings when you avail of ₱1 Deals via “ShopeePay Near Me” and redeem your discounts when you pay via ShopeePay at their physical stores.
Say goodbye to sneaky transaction fees, and enjoy free transfers to any bank and any Shopee user with ShopeePay!
Withdraw money to your bank account; or send money to your friends and family to their ShopeePay wallet or bank account.
Transferring money with ShopeePay is instant and available 24/7. You can also get up to ₱25 cashback on your transfer fee when you cash in to ShopeePay via InstaPay; on your InstaPay fee.
Enjoy these exclusive deals and more when you activate your ShopeePay, for a rewarding and cashless experience.
Download the Shopee app for free via the App Store or Google Play.
There’s a Nanyang near you for all your Singaporean food cravings
August 4, 2023 6:30 p.m.
Missing Singapore’s famous Hainanese Chicken Rice, Laksa fishball, Cheesy Chicken Chop Noodles and Kopi?
Visit your nearest Nanyang Philippines branch.
Globe powers up TOYCON 2023’s landmark 20th year
June 29, 2023 6:53 p.m.
As Toycon Philippines proudly commemorates its 20th year, the landmark celebration promises to be more electrifying than ever with the formidable support of leading digital lifestyle brand Globe.
Globe has always been at the forefront of supporting diverse subcultures and passions, and this partnership is a testament to its commitment. As part of the collaboration, Globe will bring to life the rich world of its cinematic and theatrical partners, further enriching the TOYCON 2023 experience for attendees.
“As the country’s most reliable network and top digital solutions platform with an ecosystem of various services, we’re uniquely positioned to foster the vibrancy of the toy collecting and creating community. This partnership underscores our commitment to nurturing a wide array of passions and interests while ensuring the best connectivity for all participants.”
Cholo Mallillin, Marketing Head at Toycon Philippines, said: “The collaboration with Globe will further elevate the Toycon experience. This partnership will bring more surprises and rewards to our community. We invite everyone to join us as we celebrate 20 years of Toycon in the most exciting way possible.”
TOYCON 2023 will be held at the SMX Convention Center in MOA from July 7 to 9, 2023. Attendees are in for a treat, as they have the chance to meet their beloved childhood characters, explore an expansive marketplace of unique toys and collectibles, and participate in exclusive Globe activities.
One of the highlights of the partnership is a series of exclusive perks for Globe customers. By using Globe Rewards points, customers will have the opportunity to win various ticket tiers ranging from Day Passes to VIP Passes. There will also be exclusive toy freebies for VIP pass holders, and unique Globe-only activities, such as paint-your-own Gudi.
At the event, Globe will also host an interactive booth featuring activities designed to reward and inspire. From earning freebies by donating Rewards points to a good cause, to free arcade plays and meet-ups with popular streamers, Globe customers are in for an exciting weekend of gaming and beyond.
To learn more about Globe, visit https://www.globe.com.ph/.
Love the long weekend break? Cybercriminals do, too
April 4, 2023 5:11 p.m.
There are 18 official public holidays in the Philippines. As we all know, when these dates fall close to a weekend or if the government pursues holiday economics, most Filipinos make plans in advance to take advantage of extended holiday breaks. This year, we can get to do that at least 12 times.
Unfortunately, cybercriminals get excited about holidays, too. To refresh everyone’s memory, the $81-million Bangladesh Bank heist back in 2016 is an example of a successful cyber attack, which happened on the first day of Lunar New Year, a national holiday in the Philippines and the rest of Asia.
“Now that the world has reopened, travel is back with a vengeance this year, hence the term ‘travel revenge’. Whether Filipinos are scheduling holiday trips or just staycation-ing during the long weekends, it’s important to observe simple digital security practices so you can get to sit back and relax as you take your well-deserved vacation. Security-first thinking opens doors for a more enjoyable holiday break, especially for Filipinos who are amongst the world’s most active online users,” comments Chris Connell, Managing Director for Asia Pacific at Kaspersky.
Both individuals and companies are advised to be extra mindful of personal cybersecurity best practices and internet hygiene when on a holiday.
For companies, Kaspersky suggests to:
- Conduct drills
- Stress to vacationing employees why data encryption, two-factor authentication, strong passwords, and locking devices when not in use are important.
- Discuss the steps to take if their device ends up getting stolen.
- Advise staff about charging smartphones in a wall socket, not through USBs at airports and other public places (these can be used to steal data from a device and infect it with malicious software, such as spyware.
- Educate employees about the dangers of public WIFI (and even hotel WIFI unless it is encrypted and password-protected) and how to use a secure connection such as with a VPN.
- Log out
- Terminate unnecessary VPN connections to the corporate infrastructure.
- End unnecessary sessions that employees have left on any devices for an extended period of time. This also applies to corporate messengers, web apps and any other services.
- Check that the list of employees with access to the corporate network via VPN or RDP include only authorized users. Revoke access from those who don’t need it.
- Create special “emergency” admin accounts for potential incident response over the holidays. The rights granted to regular admin accounts can even be temporarily restricted so that attackers cannot exploit them.
- Install patches for all key applications. This process is far simpler if your company uses security solutions with a built-in patch management system.
Meanwhile, Kaspersky encourages individuals to:
- Only browse trusted apps and websites and be careful about personal information you input like credit card numbers or home address.
- Do not click on links or open email attachments from travel sites when receiving confirmations. Trusted companies include such letters in the bodies of their emails. Malware is often disguised as an attached confirmation letter.
- Bring two or three or more credit or debit cards to have a backup plan in case of loss or needing to cancel one.
- Never leave valuables unattended. Put large amounts of cash and mobile devices or laptops in the hotel safe.
- Use a credit card as most have built-in protections against fraud. There is no protection against a scammer if you send them cash or even check or debit card payment in some cases. A money transfer service is not advisable.
- Ensure their devices has security software installed, ideally with anti-theft technology.