February 14, 2022 1:19 p.m.
The first color-changing vlogging phone launched by vivo, the vivo V23 Series 5G is now available in all vivo stores nationwide and e-commerce sites starting today!
The global tech brand launched its newest smartphone in the Philippines via a digital event hosted by vivo ambassadors Maine Mendoza and the newest part of the vivo family, Alden Richards on Feb. 12, 2022. The program started with a message from world-renowned band LANY before moving to a rundown of the V23 Series 5G’s design and photography specs explained by the two ambassadors It was also then followed by a tech expert who shared insight on the smartphone’s outstanding performance.
Customers can cop the V23 Series 5G with their Credit Card to get up to 24 months installment when they avail of the smartphones from February 5 to 28, 2022. They can also pay via a Home Credit installment up to 18 months from February 5 to 28, 2022.
With camera capabilities and fast performance that can cater to all people’s digital needs, these impressive specs will elevate the way people vlog and take photos, as well express their hue in fun, innovative ways.
It’s all about the details with the front cameras and first Photochromic smartphone launched by vivo
Bring artistic expression to the next level with the V23 Series 5G’s industry-leading front camera. The 50MP Autofocus Front Vlog Camera captures clear, natural-looking selfies and videos, while the 105° 8MP Super-Wide Angle Camera can fit several people in group selfies. Both cameras deliver stunning 4K quality that make details stand out in every shot. One also doesn’t need to worry about lighting adjustments with the built-in customized JNV Sensor Chip, which makes sure that shots are well-lit even in dim environments..
vivo also upped the design innovation with the first Photochromic smartphone launched in the Philippines. This design changes the color of the case from Sunshine Gold to Coast Green when exposed to UV light, giving the V23 Series 5G a stylish touch while vlogging.
Next-level portrait mode for phone photography
Apart from its front cameras, the V23 Series 5G flaunts an ultra-clear 64MP Auto-Focus Rear Bokeh Flare Portrait Camera that provides great image quality when taking people’s photos and sceneries. It’s supported by two secondary cameras: an 8MP 120° Super Wide-Angle Camera and 2MP Macro Camera that caters to different subjects and photography styles.
All-around exceptional performance
Take advantage of the phone’s exceptional performance as it has a 12GB + 256GB RAM with Extended 4GB RAM processing power, ensuring that creators can use applications smoothly and simultaneously. The massive storage space allows them to save media for their content needs. For contacts, the phone has Dual 5G slots that can easily fit those all-important numbers.
Enjoy hours of vlogging thanks to the V23 Series 5G’s 6NM Flagship Chip that lowers power consumption while still maintaining an improved user interface. In case of battery drain, the 44W Fast Charge lets users get back to shooting in a snap.
The V23 Series 5G is available in vivo concept stores, kiosks, and official Lazada [LINK] and Shopee [LINK] stores. Get the V23e for P19,999 and the V23 5G for P27,999.
There’s a Nanyang near you for all your Singaporean food cravings
August 4, 2023 6:30 p.m.
Missing Singapore’s famous Hainanese Chicken Rice, Laksa fishball, Cheesy Chicken Chop Noodles and Kopi?
Visit your nearest Nanyang Philippines branch.
Globe powers up TOYCON 2023’s landmark 20th year
June 29, 2023 6:53 p.m.
As Toycon Philippines proudly commemorates its 20th year, the landmark celebration promises to be more electrifying than ever with the formidable support of leading digital lifestyle brand Globe.
Globe has always been at the forefront of supporting diverse subcultures and passions, and this partnership is a testament to its commitment. As part of the collaboration, Globe will bring to life the rich world of its cinematic and theatrical partners, further enriching the TOYCON 2023 experience for attendees.
“As the country’s most reliable network and top digital solutions platform with an ecosystem of various services, we’re uniquely positioned to foster the vibrancy of the toy collecting and creating community. This partnership underscores our commitment to nurturing a wide array of passions and interests while ensuring the best connectivity for all participants.”
Cholo Mallillin, Marketing Head at Toycon Philippines, said: “The collaboration with Globe will further elevate the Toycon experience. This partnership will bring more surprises and rewards to our community. We invite everyone to join us as we celebrate 20 years of Toycon in the most exciting way possible.”
TOYCON 2023 will be held at the SMX Convention Center in MOA from July 7 to 9, 2023. Attendees are in for a treat, as they have the chance to meet their beloved childhood characters, explore an expansive marketplace of unique toys and collectibles, and participate in exclusive Globe activities.
One of the highlights of the partnership is a series of exclusive perks for Globe customers. By using Globe Rewards points, customers will have the opportunity to win various ticket tiers ranging from Day Passes to VIP Passes. There will also be exclusive toy freebies for VIP pass holders, and unique Globe-only activities, such as paint-your-own Gudi.
At the event, Globe will also host an interactive booth featuring activities designed to reward and inspire. From earning freebies by donating Rewards points to a good cause, to free arcade plays and meet-ups with popular streamers, Globe customers are in for an exciting weekend of gaming and beyond.
To learn more about Globe, visit https://www.globe.com.ph/.
Love the long weekend break? Cybercriminals do, too
April 4, 2023 5:11 p.m.
There are 18 official public holidays in the Philippines. As we all know, when these dates fall close to a weekend or if the government pursues holiday economics, most Filipinos make plans in advance to take advantage of extended holiday breaks. This year, we can get to do that at least 12 times.
Unfortunately, cybercriminals get excited about holidays, too. To refresh everyone’s memory, the $81-million Bangladesh Bank heist back in 2016 is an example of a successful cyber attack, which happened on the first day of Lunar New Year, a national holiday in the Philippines and the rest of Asia.
“Now that the world has reopened, travel is back with a vengeance this year, hence the term ‘travel revenge’. Whether Filipinos are scheduling holiday trips or just staycation-ing during the long weekends, it’s important to observe simple digital security practices so you can get to sit back and relax as you take your well-deserved vacation. Security-first thinking opens doors for a more enjoyable holiday break, especially for Filipinos who are amongst the world’s most active online users,” comments Chris Connell, Managing Director for Asia Pacific at Kaspersky.
Both individuals and companies are advised to be extra mindful of personal cybersecurity best practices and internet hygiene when on a holiday.
For companies, Kaspersky suggests to:
- Conduct drills
- Stress to vacationing employees why data encryption, two-factor authentication, strong passwords, and locking devices when not in use are important.
- Discuss the steps to take if their device ends up getting stolen.
- Advise staff about charging smartphones in a wall socket, not through USBs at airports and other public places (these can be used to steal data from a device and infect it with malicious software, such as spyware.
- Educate employees about the dangers of public WIFI (and even hotel WIFI unless it is encrypted and password-protected) and how to use a secure connection such as with a VPN.
- Log out
- Terminate unnecessary VPN connections to the corporate infrastructure.
- End unnecessary sessions that employees have left on any devices for an extended period of time. This also applies to corporate messengers, web apps and any other services.
- Check that the list of employees with access to the corporate network via VPN or RDP include only authorized users. Revoke access from those who don’t need it.
- Create special “emergency” admin accounts for potential incident response over the holidays. The rights granted to regular admin accounts can even be temporarily restricted so that attackers cannot exploit them.
- Install patches for all key applications. This process is far simpler if your company uses security solutions with a built-in patch management system.
Meanwhile, Kaspersky encourages individuals to:
- Only browse trusted apps and websites and be careful about personal information you input like credit card numbers or home address.
- Do not click on links or open email attachments from travel sites when receiving confirmations. Trusted companies include such letters in the bodies of their emails. Malware is often disguised as an attached confirmation letter.
- Bring two or three or more credit or debit cards to have a backup plan in case of loss or needing to cancel one.
- Never leave valuables unattended. Put large amounts of cash and mobile devices or laptops in the hotel safe.
- Use a credit card as most have built-in protections against fraud. There is no protection against a scammer if you send them cash or even check or debit card payment in some cases. A money transfer service is not advisable.
- Ensure their devices has security software installed, ideally with anti-theft technology.