January 19, 2024 8:30 p.m.
GCash, the country’s leading finance super app, brings a powerful start to 2024 with the launch of its newest endorser — international fashion icon, Heart Evangelista-Escudero.
The unveiling of Heart as the new face of GCash was announced together with the release of the brand’s latest digital film, set to take over our feeds. The film not only showcases Heart’s exciting partnership with GCash, but also demonstrates how GCash has made its way into her heart, being her go-to super app for easy, safe & secure transactions, whether it be online, in-store, or even abroad.
Inspired by her travels and experiences, Heart shared her anecdotes of the moments GCash saved her in times of need –from receiving a sweet gift from her loved ones by using the app’s Send Money feature, to shopping online for cute trinkets for her dog, Panda. She even talked about how the ease of the Scan to Pay feature when it comes to simple things, like buying kwek-kwek when the craving strikes, and of course, who could forget her delighted reaction when she successfully used her GCash Card for the first time to pay for a coffee run in Paris!
“For me, GCash has been a game changer. You can use it for so many things, and literally EVERYWHERE! From my local cravings, shopping finds and even now that I’m getting ready to head out for Fashion Week season, there is no limit when I’ve got my GCash with me. Ang galing diba? ” – Heart Evangelista-Escudero
Much like Heart, there are so many new things to discover and love about GCash! Apart from being able to send and receive money for FREE, and get free vouchers and discounts when paying online, thanks to the GCash Card, its users can transact seamlessly in over 200 countries — with lower foreign exchange rates vs. competitors, it instantly became one of her travel essentials!
The different scenes showcased in the brand’s new film were inspired by the star’s day-to-day life. In fact, Heart was heavily involved in crafting the script, and dressing herself in some of her signature pieces from her personal wardrobe, some of which we’ve seen all over social media!
“In my Heart, GCash is the best way to pay”
Quoting Heart’s ending line in her newest film, GCash invites its users to enjoy the best things life has to offer in the most convenient and secure way possible.
“Heart was really the perfect, and easy, choice for us when it came to developing this campaign. She gave a mountain’s worth of ideas from the very first time we met her and the team was left inspired! Her attention to every detail was key for us to develop a material that was unique but also very personal to her. We loved the way she was able to share her personal experiences with us in highlighting how her GCash has made her transactions easier, not only in the Philippines but all over the globe. ” – Neil Trinidad, GCash Chief Marketing Officer
GCash, the country’s no. 1 finance super app continues its mission to empower Filipinos to move towards financial progress. Through this new collaboration between Heart and GCash, users can only expect more to come in 2024 as they continue to open doors to a brighter future for all Filipinos, so that they too can say that GCash is the best way to pay.
HONOR is launching world’s thinnest foldable phone in PH
January 6, 2024 1:00 a.m.
Leading smart devices provider HONOR Philippines has yet again teased its fans with what seemed to be the launch of its much-anticipated foldable smartphone of the year.
It was just recently that the tech giant released its newest viral smartphone HONOR X9b 5G. While its reign is far from over, HONOR Philippines is highly excited to introduce the world’s thinnest foldable smartphone in the market.
“HONOR fans asked for it and now, we’re finally bringing it! This is by far the most anticipated launch we have and we are very proud of it. What we’re unveiling in the coming weeks is the world’s thinnest foldable smartphone to date so tech enthusiasts and alike really have to watch for it,” said HONOR Phlippines Vice President Stephen Cheng.
As seen on its social media pages, HONOR Philippines hinted the launch of its first foldable smartphone in the Philippines. More updates will be shared in the coming days that HONOR fans should definitely monitor very closely!
For more information and announcements, you may visit HONOR’s website www.hihonor.com or social media platforms: Facebook (Facebook.com/HonorPhilippines), Instagram (Instagram.com/honorph/) and TikTok Shop: (Tiktok.com/@honorphilippines). To check out HONOR’s complete list of retail stores, go to https://www.hihonor.com/ph/retailers/.
In the meantime, check out HONOR’s wide array of mobile phones, tablets, and laptops at any HONOR Experience and Partner Stores nationwide or online via Shopee (https://bit.ly/HONORPHShopee), Lazada (https://bit.ly/HONORPHLaz) and TikTok Shop (https://bit.ly/HONORTikTokShop).
LG’s commitment to innovation recognized with numerous awards at CES 2024
January 29, 2024 6:35 p.m.
LG Continues Long-Standing History of Honors at World’s Preeminent Consumer Technology Show With More Than 200 Awards & Accolades
At this year’s CES®, LG Electronics (LG) was honored with more than 200 awards and recognitions for a wide range of innovations and technologies across the home appliance, home entertainment and B2B categories.
The LG SIGNATURE OLED T – the world’s first 4K wireless transparent TV – led the way with countless honors as the Best TV or Best in Show from a wide range of press outlets.
With LG’s reputation as the global leader in OLED technology – the company continues to assert its dominance at CES, taking home the industry’s top awards and honors for its latest OLED TV lineup including the aforementioned LG SIGNATURE OLED T and the LG OLED evo M4, G4 and C4 TVs. Utilizing the wireless technology introduced in last year’s M3 TV, LG’s 77-inch LG SIGNATURE OLED T is considered the next step in the evolution of OLED TV technology and was honored by major tech publications including CNET, Digital Trends, TechRadar, Tom’s Guide, Forbes, The Verge, Wirecutter, PCMag and Mashable.
The LG OLED evo series featuring a new 144Hz refresh rate and LG’s Alpha 11 AI processor was also applauded by CNET, TechRadar Pro, PCGamer and BGR. Additionally, Digital Trends highlighted the LG UltraGear OLED gaming monitor 32GS95UE in its lineup of best monitors seen at CES 2024 noting its one-of-a-kind ability to toggle between 4K at 240Hz and FHD at 480Hz with the press of a button.
LG also garnered accolades from top publications such as USA Today and Tom’s Guide for its new LG Wash Combo™ All-In-One with Heatpump™ Technology. Marking LG’s commitment to a greener world – the new Wash Combo uses 60 percent less energy than a vented model.1 The cutting-edge home appliance was widely recognized for its compact ventless design and ability to complete a wash-and-dry cycle in under two hours.
Named as a winner of Reviewed’s Accessibility Awards for CES 2024 – LG’s Universal UP Kit – a collection of innovative home appliance accessories and add-ons embracing universal design has been crafted to enhance usability for individuals facing physical challenges. It was also recognized in Apartment Therapy’s Best Home Design Products from CES 2024.
From the Consumer Technology Association’s (CTA) CES Innovation Award program alone, LG won 34 CES Innovation Awards including two Best of Innovation Awards given to the LG 4K Transparent OLED T and the 83-inch 4K OLED Zero Connect TV (M4).
Highlights from LG’s over 200 awards and recognitions earned at CES 2024 include:
LG SIGNATURE OLED T (77-inch)
· CNET: Best TVs of CES 2024
· Digital Trends: Top Tech of CES 2024 Awards
· PCMag: The Biggest (and Coolest) TVs at CES 2024
· Engadget: Best of CES 2024
· Reviewed: The Reviewed Awards: CES 2024 – Home Theater
· TechRadar: Best Gadgets of CES 2024 – Best TV
· The New York Times: Wirecutter: Best of CES 2024
· Tom’s Guide: Best of CES 2024 Awards – Best Design
· The Verge: The Verge Awards at CES 2024 – Best in Show
· CNN Underscored: Best of CES 2024 – Best TV
· NBC News: Best of CES 2024
· Fox News: Top 10 Tech of CES 2024
· The Hollywood Reporter: Best of CES 2024 – Best OLED TV
· Variety: Best of CES 2024 – Best 4k TV
· Popular Science: Best New Gadgets and Tech from CES 2024
· Rolling Stone: Best of CES 2024
LG OLED TVs (M4, G4, C4 and B4)
· Tom’s Guide: Best TVs of CES 2024 – LG OLED evo G4
· Reviewed: The Reviewed Awards: CES 2024 – LG OLED evo G4
· TechRadar Pro: 2024 Pick Awards – LG OLED evo M4
· Tech Advisor: Best of CES 2024 – LG OLED B4
· Gear Patrol: Coolest TVs and Monitors Revealed at CES 2024 – LG OLED evo G4, C4, and OLED B4
LG QNED TVs
· Tom’s Guide: Best TVs of CES 2024 – LG 98 inch QNED TV
· Residential tech today : CES 2024 Reflections and Superlatives- LG 98 inch QNED TV
LG gram Pro Laptops
· Digital Trends: Best and Most Exciting Laptops at CES 2024 – LG gram Pro
· Inverse: Best Laptops Announced at CES 2024 – LG gram Pro 2-in-1
· Laptop Mag: Best of CES 2024 – Best 2-in-1: LG gram Pro 2-in-1
· Live Science: CES 2024: Best Laptops for Coding & Programmers – LG gram Pro 2-in-1
LG CineBeam Qube Projector
· PCMag: Best of CES 2024 – Best Projector
· WIRED: Best of CES 2024 – Best Home Theater
· Gizmodo: Best, Coolest, and Weirdest Gadgets at CES 2024
· Yanko Design: Best of CES 2024
LG UltraGear OLED Gaming Monitor
· Digital Trends: Best Monitors of CES 2024
· Inverse: Most Eye-Popping Gaming Monitors from CES 2024
· The Shortcut: The Shortcut CES 2024 Awards
· Windows Central: Best of CES 2024 – Best Gaming
LG Wash Combo™ All-In-One with Heatpump™ Technology
· Reviewed: The Reviewed Awards: CES 2024
· Tom’s Guide: Best Smart Home Gadgets of CES 2024 – Best Smart Appliance
· Tom’s Guide: Best of CES 2024 – Best Home Appliance
· Good Housekeeping: Coolest Gadgets at CES 202
LG Smart Home AI Agent
· Reviewed: CES 2024 – Top 9 New Gadgets You Need To See
· Mashable: The Best of CES 2024
· The Washington Post: The Best (and Strangest) Tech We Found at CES 2024
· T3: Best of CES 2024 Awards – T3’s Top Tech from This Year’s Show
For more information on LG’s CES 2024 awards and honors and additional information about LG’s products announced at CES, please visit LG Newsroom.
Life’s about more than having the latest technology, rather, it’s about the experiences technology creates that impact our lives. LG Electronics Philippines delivers consumer electronics through top-of-the-line home entertainment, home appliances, and air solution products that prepare Filipinos for their greatest moments. LG promises to bring “Innovation for a Better Life” nationwide – from Luzon, to Visayas, and Mindanao. For more details, follow LG Philippines on Facebook, Instagram, Youtube and Tiktok. LG products are available in all authorized dealers nationwide both in-store and online. Visit lg.com/ph for a complete list of our retail partners. You can also visit LG’s Official Flagship Stores in Lazada and Shopee.
Kaspersky predicts key cybersecurity threats targeting children in 2024
January 18, 2024 5:06 p.m.
With most children able to access or own a smartphone or tablet, the age at which they begin their acquaintance with the digital world and technology keeps decreasing.
Therefore, it’s crucial for parents to stay informed about the latest cybersecurity threats targeting kids to better protect them from potential harm. In this post, Kaspersky experts explore some of the key cybersecurity trends parents should be aware of, and provide tips on how to safeguard their children’s online activities.
- Children will increasingly use AI tools that, so far, are not ready to provide the necessary level of cybersecurity and age-appropriate content
According to a UN research, about 80 percent of young people claimed they interact with AI multiple times a day. With the development of AI, numerous little-known applications have emerged with seemingly harmless features, such as uploading a photo to receive a modified version. However, when children upload their images to such applications, they never know which databases their photos will ultimately remain, and whether they will be used further.
Moreover, AI apps, specifically, chatbots can easily provide age-inappropriate content when prompted. For instance, there is a multitude of AI chatbots that are specifically designed to provide an “erotic” experience. Even though some require a form of age verification, this is dangerous since some children might opt to lie about their age and the prevention of such cases is insufficient.
- The growth of malicious actors’ attacks on young gamers
According to the latest online statistics, 91 percent of children aged 3-15 play games on any device. For some games, unmoderated voice and text chat is a large part of the experience. With more young people online, criminals can virtually build trust in the same way they would in person. Firstly, cybercriminals gain the trust of young players by luring them with gifts or promises of friendship. Once they have the confidence of a young gamer, they then obtain their personal information by suggesting that they click on a phishing link, which downloads a malicious file onto their device disguised as a game mod for Minecraft or Fortnite, or even grooming them.
- The development of FinTech industry for kids marks the appearance of new threats
An increasing number of banks are providing specialized products and services tailored for children, including banking cards designed for kids as young as 12. Yet, with the introduction of banking cards for children, the latter also become susceptible to financially motivated threat actors and vulnerable to conventional scams, like promises of a free PlayStation 5 or other valuable assets after entering card details on a phishing site. Using social engineering techniques, cybercriminals might exploit children’s trust by posing as peers and requesting the sharing of card details or money transfers to their accounts.
- The number of smart home threat cases with children being potential targets, will increase
Despite the increasing number of cases of threats to smart home devices, manufacturers are not rushing to create cyber-immune tech that preemptively prevents potential exploits of vulnerabilities. However, this also means children can become tools for cybercriminals in an attack. For instance, if a smart device becomes a fully functional surveillance tool and a child is home alone, cybercriminals can contact them through the device and request sensitive information such as their name, address and time, when their parents are not at home — or even their parents’ credit card number. In such a scenario, beyond just device hacking, there is also a risk of financial data loss or even a physical attack.
- Children will demand their personal online space is respected
As children mature, they develop greater self-awareness, encompassing an understanding of their personal space, privacy, and sensitive data, both offline and in their online activities. Consequently, when a parent firmly communicates the intent to install a parenting digital app on a device, not all kids will take it calmly. This is why parents now require the skill to discuss their offspring’s online experience and the importance of parenting digital apps for online safety while respecting personal space. This involves establishing clear boundaries and expectations and discussing the reasons for using the app with any child.
- Children are eager to download apps that are unavailable in their country, but stumble upon malicious copies
If an app is unavailable in your region, young users will look for alternatives, which is often a malicious copy. Even if they turn to official app stores like Google Play, they still run the risk of falling prey to cybercriminals. From 2020 to 2022, Kaspersky researchers have found more than 190 apps infected with Harly Trojan on Google Play, which signed up users for paid services without their knowledge. A conservative estimate of the number of downloads of these apps is 4.8 million, but the actual figure of victims may be even higher.
“As we can see, many of the trends that are playing out in society are also affecting children, making them potential targets for attackers. This includes both the development and popularity of AI and smart homes, as well as the expansion of the world of gaming and FinTech industry. Therefore, it is crucial to teach children the basics of cybersecurity from an early age, how not to fall into the trap of cybercriminals, what cyberthreats can occur during gaming, and how to properly protect your personal data. All this is now a must-have knowledge not only for adults, but also for the youngest users,” comments Andrey Sidenko, security and privacy expert at Kaspersky.
To learn more about cybersecurity threats targeting kids in 2024, read the full post on KDaily.
Kaspersky experts are convinced that protecting children from cybersecurity threats in 2024 requires proactive measures from parents:
- By staying informed about the latest threats and actively monitoring their children’s online activities, parents can create a safer online environment for their kids.
- It’s crucial for parents to have open communication with their children about the potential risks they may encounter online and to enforce strict guidelines to ensure their safety.
- To help parents introduce their children to cybersecurity amidst the evolving threat landscape, Kaspersky experts have developed the Kaspersky Cybersecurity Alphabet with key concepts from the cybersecurity industry. In this book, your kid will get to know new technologies, learn the main cyber hygiene rules, find out how to avoid online threats, and recognize fraudsters’ tricks. After reading this book together, you’ll be sure that your kid knows how to distinguish phishing websites, how VPN and QR-codes work, and even what honeypots and encryption are and what role they play in modern cybersecurity. You can download the pdf version of the book for free and go through the basics of cybersecurity with your child, building their cybersafe future.
- To secure your child from downloading any malicious files during their gaming experience, we advise to install a trusted security solution on their device.
- With the right tools such as Kaspersky’s digital parenting app Safe Kids, parents can effectively safeguard their children against cyber threats in the digital age.
How to watch NSFW/NSFL content safely and discreetly
Celebrate Chinese New Year at Honolulu Cafe
HONOR is launching world’s thinnest foldable phone in PH
Ateneo gives PBA guest team fits in 102-93 loss
First in Manila! All immersive experiences lead to SM with its 3D Whale Shark billboard, Space Tunnel, Golden Gateway, dazzling light shows
Up to Date – Pop and viral news, memes, photos, videos, music