December 2, 2022 12:54 p.m.
A recent Kaspersky study on the consequences of automation and increased use of robots showed the growing level of robotization in companies but highlighted the increased number of cybersecurity risks this causes. Today, 79% of employees believe that robots should be more widely used across different industries, however, 85% of them fear robot hacking.
Nowadays, robotics is being used to command industrial control systems, production processes and other information technology.
It replaces manual labor, improving efficiency, speed, quality and performance.
With this in mind, Kaspersky conducted a study to learn the opinion of employees of manufacturing companies and other large organizations around the world about the consequences of automation and increased use of robots.
The goal was to gather employees’ thoughts about the security of robots and automated systems in their companies. The survey was conducted across 15 countries: USA, France, Italy, Germany, Spain, South Korea, Japan, Singapore, Argentina, Brazil, Egypt, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, UAE, and Turkey.
Employees reported an increase in robotization levels in their companies over the last 2 years. Forty-one percent of employees said their organizations already use robots, and 29% of organizations plan to use them in the near future.
One of the findings in the research was that respondents believe robots can help industries increase economic benefits as well as saving people from dangerous duties.
This point of view is shared by more than half of the surveyed employees, as 52% think use of robots can accelerate and increase the efficiency of production processes and cut down costs, and 60% believe robotization can free people from hard or dangerous duties, reducing risks to life and health in the future.
This, in turn, will help employees avoid routine and boring duties and retain more interesting and highly paid positions (36%).
More than one third of respondents consider that one of the key tasks that robots can successfully perform is to build a safe environment and reduce the likelihood of accidents due to human error.
This point of view was shared by 36% of employees.
Another important finding was that cybersecurity risks increase because of robotization.
The majority of respondents (85%) believe that robots can get hacked, and 51% know of incidents such as these occurring in their company or other local businesses.
Respondents are split in their assessment of how protected robots are: almost one half of employees (44%) believe that not enough cybersecurity measures are in place to protect the robots in different industries while 40% believe that sufficient protective measures are in place.
“Cyber-physical systems use industrial robots more often to increase production efficiency. However, new technologies like these bring new cyber risks because they are potentially vulnerable to cyberthreats. Kaspersky sees ensuring that cybersecurity remains at the forefront of robot technology adoption as its mission, helping to tackle the challenges and capitalize on the opportunities that robotization presents,” comments Andrey Strelkov, Head of Industrial Cybersecurity Product Line at Kaspersky.
“In our research, we asked respondents to judge not only how convenient and efficient robots are to use in production, but also their level of safety. It turned out that many employees believe that using robots causes risks. Robots, robotic controllers, automation systems, and supply chains are going to become the prime vector for cyberattacks in the coming years, and they need protection here and now. Before one integrates robots into production, one needs to guarantee network intrusion robustness and overall network security,” says Strelkov.
“Not all modern technologies are designed with security in mind, so only the use of defense-in-depth industrial network protection and multifunctional monitoring platforms will ensure uninterrupted operation of the company. Dedicated solutions like Kaspersky Industrial CyberSecurity may become an efficient assistant for protecting robotics in production,” adds Strelkov.
To keep your industrial computer systems protected from various threats, Kaspersky experts recommend:
- Conducting regular security assessments of OT systems to identify and eliminate possible cyber security issues.
- Establishing continuous vulnerability assessment and triage as a basement for effective vulnerability management process. Dedicated solutions like Kaspersky Industrial CyberSecurity may become an efficient assistant and a source of unique actionable information, not fully available in public.
- Performing timely updates for the key components of the enterprise’s OT network; applying security fixes and patches or implementing compensating measures as soon as it is technically possible is crucial for preventing a major incident that might cost millions due to the interruption of the production process.
- Using Industrial EDR solutions such as Kaspersky Industrial Cybersecurity for Nodes with EDR for timely detection of sophisticated threats, investigation, and effective remediation of incidents.
- Improving the response to new and advanced malicious techniques by building and strengthening your teams’ incident prevention, detection, and response skills. Dedicated OT security training for IT security teams and OT personnel is one of the key measures helping to achieve this.
The full presentation with results and more insights on the consequences of automation and increased use of robots are available via the link.
HONOR is launching world’s thinnest foldable phone in PH
January 6, 2024 1:00 a.m.
Leading smart devices provider HONOR Philippines has yet again teased its fans with what seemed to be the launch of its much-anticipated foldable smartphone of the year.
It was just recently that the tech giant released its newest viral smartphone HONOR X9b 5G. While its reign is far from over, HONOR Philippines is highly excited to introduce the world’s thinnest foldable smartphone in the market.
“HONOR fans asked for it and now, we’re finally bringing it! This is by far the most anticipated launch we have and we are very proud of it. What we’re unveiling in the coming weeks is the world’s thinnest foldable smartphone to date so tech enthusiasts and alike really have to watch for it,” said HONOR Phlippines Vice President Stephen Cheng.
As seen on its social media pages, HONOR Philippines hinted the launch of its first foldable smartphone in the Philippines. More updates will be shared in the coming days that HONOR fans should definitely monitor very closely!
For more information and announcements, you may visit HONOR’s website www.hihonor.com or social media platforms: Facebook (Facebook.com/HonorPhilippines), Instagram (Instagram.com/honorph/) and TikTok Shop: (Tiktok.com/@honorphilippines). To check out HONOR’s complete list of retail stores, go to https://www.hihonor.com/ph/retailers/.
In the meantime, check out HONOR’s wide array of mobile phones, tablets, and laptops at any HONOR Experience and Partner Stores nationwide or online via Shopee (https://bit.ly/HONORPHShopee), Lazada (https://bit.ly/HONORPHLaz) and TikTok Shop (https://bit.ly/HONORTikTokShop).
LG’s commitment to innovation recognized with numerous awards at CES 2024
January 29, 2024 6:35 p.m.
LG Continues Long-Standing History of Honors at World’s Preeminent Consumer Technology Show With More Than 200 Awards & Accolades
At this year’s CES®, LG Electronics (LG) was honored with more than 200 awards and recognitions for a wide range of innovations and technologies across the home appliance, home entertainment and B2B categories.
The LG SIGNATURE OLED T – the world’s first 4K wireless transparent TV – led the way with countless honors as the Best TV or Best in Show from a wide range of press outlets.
With LG’s reputation as the global leader in OLED technology – the company continues to assert its dominance at CES, taking home the industry’s top awards and honors for its latest OLED TV lineup including the aforementioned LG SIGNATURE OLED T and the LG OLED evo M4, G4 and C4 TVs. Utilizing the wireless technology introduced in last year’s M3 TV, LG’s 77-inch LG SIGNATURE OLED T is considered the next step in the evolution of OLED TV technology and was honored by major tech publications including CNET, Digital Trends, TechRadar, Tom’s Guide, Forbes, The Verge, Wirecutter, PCMag and Mashable.
The LG OLED evo series featuring a new 144Hz refresh rate and LG’s Alpha 11 AI processor was also applauded by CNET, TechRadar Pro, PCGamer and BGR. Additionally, Digital Trends highlighted the LG UltraGear OLED gaming monitor 32GS95UE in its lineup of best monitors seen at CES 2024 noting its one-of-a-kind ability to toggle between 4K at 240Hz and FHD at 480Hz with the press of a button.
LG also garnered accolades from top publications such as USA Today and Tom’s Guide for its new LG Wash Combo™ All-In-One with Heatpump™ Technology. Marking LG’s commitment to a greener world – the new Wash Combo uses 60 percent less energy than a vented model.1 The cutting-edge home appliance was widely recognized for its compact ventless design and ability to complete a wash-and-dry cycle in under two hours.
Named as a winner of Reviewed’s Accessibility Awards for CES 2024 – LG’s Universal UP Kit – a collection of innovative home appliance accessories and add-ons embracing universal design has been crafted to enhance usability for individuals facing physical challenges. It was also recognized in Apartment Therapy’s Best Home Design Products from CES 2024.
From the Consumer Technology Association’s (CTA) CES Innovation Award program alone, LG won 34 CES Innovation Awards including two Best of Innovation Awards given to the LG 4K Transparent OLED T and the 83-inch 4K OLED Zero Connect TV (M4).
Highlights from LG’s over 200 awards and recognitions earned at CES 2024 include:
LG SIGNATURE OLED T (77-inch)
· CNET: Best TVs of CES 2024
· Digital Trends: Top Tech of CES 2024 Awards
· PCMag: The Biggest (and Coolest) TVs at CES 2024
· Engadget: Best of CES 2024
· Reviewed: The Reviewed Awards: CES 2024 – Home Theater
· TechRadar: Best Gadgets of CES 2024 – Best TV
· The New York Times: Wirecutter: Best of CES 2024
· Tom’s Guide: Best of CES 2024 Awards – Best Design
· The Verge: The Verge Awards at CES 2024 – Best in Show
· CNN Underscored: Best of CES 2024 – Best TV
· NBC News: Best of CES 2024
· Fox News: Top 10 Tech of CES 2024
· The Hollywood Reporter: Best of CES 2024 – Best OLED TV
· Variety: Best of CES 2024 – Best 4k TV
· Popular Science: Best New Gadgets and Tech from CES 2024
· Rolling Stone: Best of CES 2024
LG OLED TVs (M4, G4, C4 and B4)
· Tom’s Guide: Best TVs of CES 2024 – LG OLED evo G4
· Reviewed: The Reviewed Awards: CES 2024 – LG OLED evo G4
· TechRadar Pro: 2024 Pick Awards – LG OLED evo M4
· Tech Advisor: Best of CES 2024 – LG OLED B4
· Gear Patrol: Coolest TVs and Monitors Revealed at CES 2024 – LG OLED evo G4, C4, and OLED B4
LG QNED TVs
· Tom’s Guide: Best TVs of CES 2024 – LG 98 inch QNED TV
· Residential tech today : CES 2024 Reflections and Superlatives- LG 98 inch QNED TV
LG gram Pro Laptops
· Digital Trends: Best and Most Exciting Laptops at CES 2024 – LG gram Pro
· Inverse: Best Laptops Announced at CES 2024 – LG gram Pro 2-in-1
· Laptop Mag: Best of CES 2024 – Best 2-in-1: LG gram Pro 2-in-1
· Live Science: CES 2024: Best Laptops for Coding & Programmers – LG gram Pro 2-in-1
LG CineBeam Qube Projector
· PCMag: Best of CES 2024 – Best Projector
· WIRED: Best of CES 2024 – Best Home Theater
· Gizmodo: Best, Coolest, and Weirdest Gadgets at CES 2024
· Yanko Design: Best of CES 2024
LG UltraGear OLED Gaming Monitor
· Digital Trends: Best Monitors of CES 2024
· Inverse: Most Eye-Popping Gaming Monitors from CES 2024
· The Shortcut: The Shortcut CES 2024 Awards
· Windows Central: Best of CES 2024 – Best Gaming
LG Wash Combo™ All-In-One with Heatpump™ Technology
· Reviewed: The Reviewed Awards: CES 2024
· Tom’s Guide: Best Smart Home Gadgets of CES 2024 – Best Smart Appliance
· Tom’s Guide: Best of CES 2024 – Best Home Appliance
· Good Housekeeping: Coolest Gadgets at CES 202
LG Smart Home AI Agent
· Reviewed: CES 2024 – Top 9 New Gadgets You Need To See
· Mashable: The Best of CES 2024
· The Washington Post: The Best (and Strangest) Tech We Found at CES 2024
· T3: Best of CES 2024 Awards – T3’s Top Tech from This Year’s Show
For more information on LG’s CES 2024 awards and honors and additional information about LG’s products announced at CES, please visit LG Newsroom.
Life’s about more than having the latest technology, rather, it’s about the experiences technology creates that impact our lives. LG Electronics Philippines delivers consumer electronics through top-of-the-line home entertainment, home appliances, and air solution products that prepare Filipinos for their greatest moments. LG promises to bring “Innovation for a Better Life” nationwide – from Luzon, to Visayas, and Mindanao. For more details, follow LG Philippines on Facebook, Instagram, Youtube and Tiktok. LG products are available in all authorized dealers nationwide both in-store and online. Visit lg.com/ph for a complete list of our retail partners. You can also visit LG’s Official Flagship Stores in Lazada and Shopee.
GCash, Heart Evangelista collaborate
January 19, 2024 8:30 p.m.
GCash, the country’s leading finance super app, brings a powerful start to 2024 with the launch of its newest endorser — international fashion icon, Heart Evangelista-Escudero.
The unveiling of Heart as the new face of GCash was announced together with the release of the brand’s latest digital film, set to take over our feeds. The film not only showcases Heart’s exciting partnership with GCash, but also demonstrates how GCash has made its way into her heart, being her go-to super app for easy, safe & secure transactions, whether it be online, in-store, or even abroad.
Inspired by her travels and experiences, Heart shared her anecdotes of the moments GCash saved her in times of need –from receiving a sweet gift from her loved ones by using the app’s Send Money feature, to shopping online for cute trinkets for her dog, Panda. She even talked about how the ease of the Scan to Pay feature when it comes to simple things, like buying kwek-kwek when the craving strikes, and of course, who could forget her delighted reaction when she successfully used her GCash Card for the first time to pay for a coffee run in Paris!
“For me, GCash has been a game changer. You can use it for so many things, and literally EVERYWHERE! From my local cravings, shopping finds and even now that I’m getting ready to head out for Fashion Week season, there is no limit when I’ve got my GCash with me. Ang galing diba? ” – Heart Evangelista-Escudero
Much like Heart, there are so many new things to discover and love about GCash! Apart from being able to send and receive money for FREE, and get free vouchers and discounts when paying online, thanks to the GCash Card, its users can transact seamlessly in over 200 countries — with lower foreign exchange rates vs. competitors, it instantly became one of her travel essentials!
The different scenes showcased in the brand’s new film were inspired by the star’s day-to-day life. In fact, Heart was heavily involved in crafting the script, and dressing herself in some of her signature pieces from her personal wardrobe, some of which we’ve seen all over social media!
“In my Heart, GCash is the best way to pay”
Quoting Heart’s ending line in her newest film, GCash invites its users to enjoy the best things life has to offer in the most convenient and secure way possible.
“Heart was really the perfect, and easy, choice for us when it came to developing this campaign. She gave a mountain’s worth of ideas from the very first time we met her and the team was left inspired! Her attention to every detail was key for us to develop a material that was unique but also very personal to her. We loved the way she was able to share her personal experiences with us in highlighting how her GCash has made her transactions easier, not only in the Philippines but all over the globe. ” – Neil Trinidad, GCash Chief Marketing Officer
GCash, the country’s no. 1 finance super app continues its mission to empower Filipinos to move towards financial progress. Through this new collaboration between Heart and GCash, users can only expect more to come in 2024 as they continue to open doors to a brighter future for all Filipinos, so that they too can say that GCash is the best way to pay.
How to watch NSFW/NSFL content safely and discreetly
Celebrate Chinese New Year at Honolulu Cafe
HONOR is launching world’s thinnest foldable phone in PH
Ateneo gives PBA guest team fits in 102-93 loss
First in Manila! All immersive experiences lead to SM with its 3D Whale Shark billboard, Space Tunnel, Golden Gateway, dazzling light shows
Up to Date – Pop and viral news, memes, photos, videos, music