NBA All-Star 2022 in Cleveland by the numbers
February 16, 2022 1:02 p.m.
CLEVELAND – NBA All-Star 2022 will reach fans in 215 countries and territories in a record 60 languages on their televisions, computers, mobile phones and tablets, culminating with the 71st NBA All-Star Game when Team Durant faces Team LeBron on Sunday, Feb. 20 at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse in Cleveland. TNT and ESPN Radio will air the NBA All-Star Game live in the United States at 8 p.m. ET.
Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse will also host Clorox Rising Stars on Friday, Feb. 18 and State Farm® All-Star Saturday Night (which features the AT&T Slam Dunk, MTN DEW® 3-Point Contest and Taco Bell® Skills Challenge) on Saturday, Feb. 19. The Ruffles NBA All-Star Celebrity Game on Feb. 18, the NBA All-Star Practice presented by AT&T and the NBA HBCU Classic presented by AT&T on Feb. 19, and the NBA G League Next Gem Game on Feb. 20 will take place at the Wolstein Center.
Below are some numbers and tidbits pertaining to NBA All-Star 2022.
NBA All-Star Game
- 4 – A record four former NBA G League players are NBA All-Stars this season: Rudy Gobert (Utah Jazz), Khris Middleton (Milwaukee Bucks), Dejounte Murray (San Antonio Spurs) and Fred VanVleet (Toronto Raptors).
- 6 – Six members of the NBA 75th Anniversary Team are on All-Star rosters: Giannis Antetokounmpo (Milwaukee Bucks), Stephen Curry (Golden State Warriors), Kevin Durant (Brooklyn Nets), James Harden (Philadelphia 76ers), LeBron James (Los Angeles Lakers) and Chris Paul (Phoenix Suns).
- 8/24 – The Kobe Bryant Trophy, which will be awarded to the Kia NBA All-Star MVP, features an eight-sided base representing the eight decades of All-Star Games and is a nod to Bryant’s No. 8 jersey number. The 24 stars on the first level represent the All-Stars in the game and Bryant’s No. 24 jersey number. The trophy headlines the lineup of reimaginedNBA All-Star hardware, designed in partnership with artist Victor Solomon, that will be presented during NBA All-Star 2022.
- 16 – Giannis Antetokounmpo made all 16 of his field goal attempts as the Kia NBA All-Star MVP of the 2021 All-Star Game, setting the record for most field goals without a miss in the All-Star Game.
- 18 – LeBron James is set to play in his 18th All-Star Game, which will tie Kareem Abdul-Jabbar for the NBA record, and make his record 18th All-Star Game start (every season since 2004-05).
- 20 – At 20 years old, LaMelo Ball (Charlotte Hornets) is set to become the fourth-youngest player to play in the All-Star Game.
- 22 – This year’s NBA All-Star rings, which are awarded to players in recognition of their selection to the game, feature 22 stars and diamonds in reference to NBA All-Star 2022.
- 24 – The winner of the All-Star Game will be the first team to reach (or surpass) the Final Target Score, which will be the leading team’s total score after the first three quarters plus 24points. For example, if the leading team has 100 points after the first three quarters, the Final Target Score will be 124 (100 + 24).
- 128 – Chris Paul has the most assists in All-Star Game history with 128 (which is one more than Magic Johnson).
- 750,000 – A total of $750,000 will be awarded to two beneficiaries through the All-Star Game, with Team Durant playing for the Greater Cleveland Food Bank and Team LeBron playing for the Kent State I Promise Scholars Program.
NBA All-Star History in Cleveland
- 1 – Michael Jordan recorded the first triple-double in NBA All-Star Game history when he finished with 14 points, 11 rebounds and 11 assists in the 1997 All-Star Game in Cleveland.
- 9 – Nate “Tiny” Archibald had nine points and nine assists as the MVP of the 1981 All-Star Game in Richfield, Ohio.
- 18 – Kobe Bryant was 18 years old when he won the Slam Dunk contest at NBA All-Star 1997.
- 20 – Glen Rice of the Charlotte Hornets scored 20 points in the third quarter to lead the Eastern Conference to a 132-120 victory over the Western Conference in the 1997 All-Star Game, now tied for the most points scored by a player in a quarter in All-Star Game history.
- 35/50/75 – The Cleveland area has hosted NBA All-Star when the league celebrated its 35thseason (1981), 50th anniversary (1997) and 75th anniversary (2022), marking its three times as All-Star host.
- 50 – The 50 Greatest Players in NBA History, as announced in 1996, were honored at halftime of the 1997 All-Star Game. Each of those players was recently named to the NBA 75th Anniversary Team, a group of 76 players who will be honored at the 2022 All-Star Game.
Clorox Rising Stars
- 4 – Under a new format for Clorox Rising Stars, four teams of seven players will compete in a mini-tournament consisting of three games.
- 6 – Six elite young players from NBA G League Ignite will compete across the Clorox Rising Stars and Clorox Clutch Challenge shooting competition on Feb. 18: MarJon Beauchamp, Dyson Daniels, Michael Foster Jr., Jaden Hardy, Scoot Henderson and Fanbo Zeng.
- 36 – Rising Stars honorary coaches and NBA 75th Anniversary Team selections Rick Barry (8), Gary Payton (9), Isiah Thomas (12) and James Worthy (7) combined for 36 NBA All-Star selections.
AT&T Slam Dunk
- 1 – A first-time champion will be crowned in AT&T Slam Dunk. Cole Anthony (Orlando Magic), Jalen Green (Houston Rockets) and Juan Toscano-Anderson (Golden State Warriors) are set to make their event debuts, and Obi Toppin (New York Knicks) returns for his second appearance after finishing as the runner-up last year.
- 30 – In addition to the live presentation of AT&T Slam Dunk by TNT and ESPN Radio on Feb. 19, Cartoon Network will air a special 30-minute, superpowered Teen Titans Go! edition of the contest on Feb. 20 at 5 p.m. ET.
MTN DEW® 3-Point Contest
- 4 – Four 2022 NBA All-Stars are part of the field for the MTN DEW® 3-Point Contest: Zach LaVine (Chicago Bulls), Karl-Anthony Towns (Minnesota Timberwolves), Fred VanVleet (Toronto Raptors) and Trae Young (Atlanta Hawks).
- 6 – The two-round, timed shooting competition will feature the THE DEW ZONE,™ which is located 6 feet behind the 3-point line, where the participants will attempt two shots – with a special green ball – that are worth three points each.
Taco Bell® Skills Challenge
- 3 – Three teams of three players will compete in a new format for the Taco Bell® Skills Challenge, with the teams composed of three Antetokounmpo brothers (Giannis and Thanasis of the Milwaukee Bucks and Alex of Raptors 905), three Cleveland Cavaliers players (Jarrett Allen, Darius Garland and Evan Mobley) and three NBA rookies (Scottie Barnes of the Toronto Raptors, Cade Cunningham of the Detroit Pistons and Josh Giddey of the Oklahoma City Thunder).
- 4 – The competition will consist of four rounds and test shooting, passing and dribbling ability, culminating with the top two teams from the first three rounds competing in the fourth and final round, where the winning team will be the one that makes a half-court shot in the fastest time.
NBA All-Star Around the World
- 2 – With their participation in Clorox Rising Stars, Josh Giddey (Oklahoma City Thunder; Australia) and Dyson Daniels (NBA G League Ignite; Australia), who were teammates at NBA Global Academy in Canberra, Australia, from 2019-2020, will become the first twoNBA Academy alumni to participate in NBA All-Star.
- 4 – There are a record-tying four international All-Star Game starters: Giannis Antetokounmpo (Milwaukee Bucks; Greece; ties to Nigeria), Joel Embiid (Philadelphia 76ers; Cameroon), Nikola Jokić (Denver Nuggets; Serbia) and Andrew Wiggins (Golden State Warriors; Canada). Two other international players were selected as All-Star reserves: Luka Dončić (Dallas Mavericks; Slovenia) and Rudy Gobert (Utah Jazz; France).
- 6 – Six international television and radio networks – from France, Greece, Latin America, Mongolia, Poland and Spain – will conduct live onsite commentary at NBA All-Star 2022. Three television networks – from India, Netherlands and Norway – will broadcast NBA All-Star remotely for the first time.
- 15/12 – Fifteen international players from 12 countries will participate in NBA All-Star 2022 events.
Ruffles NBA All-Star Celebrity Game
- 4 – The Ruffles NBA All-Star Celebrity Game will tip off with the Ruffles Ridges 4-point Shooting Competition. Ruffles and the NBA will donate $4,000 to support the Thurgood Marshall College Fund for every shot made from behind the line, with a minimum of $40,000.
- 21 – The Celebrity Game rosters feature 21 participants, including Cleveland Mayor Justin Bibb and seven recording artists in Anuel AA, Jimmie Allen, Kane Brown, Jack Harlow, Machine Gun Kelly, Quavo and Anjali Ranadive.
NBA G League Next Gem Game
- 1 – The next generation of talent will be highlighted in the first NBA G League Next Gem Game, a matchup between NBA G League Ignite and the Cleveland Charge on Sunday, Feb. 20 at 2 p.m. ET on NBA TV.
- 14 – Volunteers across the NBA family will participate in the 14th Annual NBA Cares All-Star Day of Service presented by Nike, SAP and State Farm on Feb. 18, sorting and packing food donations at the Greater Cleveland Food Bank and gently used books with the Kids’ Book Bank Cleveland to support thousands of children, seniors, families and other individuals in need.
- 2,000 – The NBA will dedicate its 2,000th Live, Learn or Play center, at the Cudell Recreation Center in Cleveland, as part of the NBA 75th Live, Learn or Play Initiative in partnership with Kaiser Permanente.
- 110,000 – The NBA will support vaccination and testing efforts in Cleveland through 11 vaccination clinics, in addition to donating 10,000 rapid antigen tests and 110,000 face masks to the city’s COVID-19 Taskforce.
- 3,000,000 – As part of NBA All-Star 2022, the NBA and the National Basketball Players Association will provide more than $3 million in programming and support to the Greater Cleveland and HBCU communities.
- 1 – Howard University and Morgan State University will meet in the first NBA HBCU Classic presented by AT&T on Feb. 19 at 2 p.m. ET, which will be simulcast on TNT, ESPN2 and NBA TV. As part of the NBA’s and AT&T’s ongoing commitments to HBCUs, they will donate $100,000 to each school.
- 2 – The NBA and MTN DEW will selected two HBCU students to receive up to $50,000 scholarships from Howard University and Morgan State University.
- 11 – Eleven HBCU college students will participate in an NBA All-Star Event Shadow program.
- 500,000 – In continued support of HBCU students, institutions and programs, the NBA and NBA Foundation will make grants of $250,000 each, totaling $500,000, to the Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) and UNCF (United Negro College Fund).
NBA All-Star on TNT
- 5 – Five Turner Sports analysts were named to the NBA 75th Anniversary Team: Charles Barkley, Reggie Miller, Shaquille O’Neal, Isiah Thomas and Dwyane Wade.
- 20 – TNT will present the NBA All-Star Game for the 20th straight year.
NBA All-Star on ESPN
· 26 – ESPN Radio will broadcast its 26th All-Star Game, with play-by-play voice Marc Kestecher, analyst P.J. Carlesimo and reporters Ros Gold-Onwude and Monica McNutt on the call.
· 31 – Analysts Kendrick Perkins and Richard Jefferson, who will call the Ruffles NBA All-Star Celebrity Game with host Cassidy Hubbarth and reporter Monica McNutt, combined to play 31 seasons in the NBA.
Kaspersky blocks close to 1M financial phishing attacks eyeing SEA businesses last year
March 20, 2023 9:54 p.m.
Phishing is one of the most prevalent forms of cybercrime due to the minimal effort required and the fact that it really works.
It’s usually built around an inherently simple scheme: using carefully crafted emails or notifications that mimic messages from banks, government organizations, entertainment platforms—really any service—cybercriminals can trick users into following a link to a fraudulent website and giving up their payment or personal details or even downloading malicious programs.
Kaspersky in 2022 has blocked a total of 822,536 financial phishing targeted at companies in Southeast Asia (SEA). From SMBs to large enterprises, financial phishers kept trying to infect businesses in the
region last year.
In this case, “financial phishing” refers not only to banking specific phishing but also payment systems and e-shops. Payment system phishing includes pages impersonating well-known payment brands, such as PayPal, MasterCard, American Express, Visa and others. E-shops refer to online stores and auction sites like Amazon, the Apple Store, Steam, eBay etc.
Indonesia chalked up the highest number of financial phishing incidents (208,238). Vietnam comes second with 172,694, and Malaysia recorded 120,656. Thailand logged 101,461 phishing attempts related to finances, followed by the Philippines with 52,914, and Singapore with 22,109.
“It’s interesting to see companies being targeted by financial phishing but we have to remember here that businesses, at their core, are still made up of humans. Phishing is a type of social engineering attack. Social engineering attack is dubbed as hacking of the human mind. With nine out of ten employees needing basic cybersecurity skills training, cybercriminals know that the workforce remains a loophole they can exploit easily to launch a cyberattack against a company,” says Yeo Siang Tiong, General Manager for Southeast Asia at Kaspersky.
As reported, phishing email is usually the first chapter of 91% of all cyberattacks. A phishing simulation done by Kaspersky reinforced how cybercriminals trick employees into clicking malicious mails.
It showed that workers tend not to notice pitfalls hidden in emails devoted to corporate issues and online delivery problem notifications and almost one in five (16% to 18%) clicked the link in the email templates imitating these phishing attacks.
Among the other phishing emails that gained a significant number of clicks are; reservation confirmations from a booking service (11%), a notification about an order placement (11%), and an IKEA contest announcement (10%).
To prevent complex attacks, and any related financial and reputational losses caused by phishing attacks, Kaspersky recommends the following for businesses:
- Remind your employees about the basic signs of phishing emails. A dramatic subject line, mistakes and typos, inconsistent sender addresses and suspicious links;
- If there is any doubt about the received email, check the format of attachments before opening them and the link accuracy before clicking. This can be achieved by hovering over these elements – making sure the address looks authentic and the attached files are not in an executable format;
- Always report phishing attacks. If you spot a phishing attack, report it to your IT security department and, if possible, avoid opening the malicious email. This will allow your cybersecurity team to reconfigure anti-spam policies and prevent an incident;
- Supply your employees with basic cybersecurity knowledge. Education should be aimed at changing the behavior of learners and teaching them how to deal with threats. As a major cybersecurity vendor, Kaspersky possesses a relevant base of information on real attacks and continuously supplements its Security Awareness Trainings in accordance with the current threat landscape;
- Since phishing attempts can be confusing, and there’s no guarantee of avoiding all accident clicks, protect your working devices and your enterprise perimeters with a holistic expert security like Kaspersky Extended Detection and Response (XDR) platform. It provides anti-spam capabilities, tracks suspicious behavior, and creates a backup copy of your files in case of ransomware attacks. Anti-phishing protection is also included, as well as threat hunting.
Enterprises can find out more about this new platform at go.kaspersky.com/expert .
Kaspersky in Southeast Asia also has launched a Buy 1 Free 1 promo. Businesses can now enjoy two years of enterprise-grade endpoint protection for the price of 1 with Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business or Cloud or Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response Optimum, with 24×7 phone support. Interested customers can reach out to email@example.com.
Let there be light: MR.DIY electrical tools Pinoy homeowners should have
March 11, 2023 7:37 p.m.
Being a homeowner entails being nifty at doing quick fixes. Things like leaky faucets, crooked cabinets, and regrouting tiles are just some of the common and simple home problems you can DIY. But you can also try your hand at finally overcoming your electrical-related problems at home like changing the wires or replacing switches and light bulbs.
Got the basics down but not the tools at hand? Ace your next home repairs and improvement with MR.DIY’s wide array of electrical products, including lighting, that are not only value for your money, but are only a stone’s throw away — at your nearest MR.DIY branch!
1. MR.DIY Battery Sensor Light and LED Emergency Lantern
Make it easier for you to find your way in the dark with MR. DIY Battery Sensor Light. Equipped with a motion sensor, the 6-LED light is perfect for small and out-of-the-way spaces where you don’t have access to a power outlet. With MR.DIY’s emergency lantern, you’ll always be prepared for anything! This durable, usb-powered light is also ideal for camping or outdoor use as well.
2. MR.DIY Premium 5W Daylight
Even as simple as changing a light bulb can positively impact your space and wellbeing! With the E27Daylight LED Bulb, there’s no need to worry about straining your eyes or having headaches because you have a wide light coverage just enough to fill your room.
3. Flashlights galore
MR.DIY has torches of all shapes and sizes! From handy aluminum led-light flashlights to solar-powered, and even USB-powered torches, to battery-powered, large-capacity flashlights, we have them all at your nearest MR.DIY branch!
4. Alkaline batteries of all sizes, for all needs
Give your battery-operated devices a boost with MR.DIY batteries. MR.DIY batteries are safe and long-lasting–especially designed for clocks, remote controls, electric shavers, toys, and electric toothbrushes among others.
With more than 18,000 items available, MR.DIY is the country’s favorite family and home improvement one-stop shop retailer — the place to be for your daily home fixes. These tools and other electrical items are now available at MR.DIY stores nationwide.
To learn more about MR.D.I.Y. and other exciting events, visit MR.DIY’s official website or follow /mrdiyPH on Facebook, and @mrdiy.philippines on Instagram and Tiktok for the featured promotions. Have a fast, safe, and efficient DIY shopping!
MR.DIY is the largest home improvement retailer with more than 2,000 stores across Southeast Asia including Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, Brunei, Philippines, Cambodia, India, and Europe in Turkey and Spain. The home improvement retailer has dedicated itself to making a positive difference in the lives of its valued customers by offering convenience at all its stores nationwide.
All MR.DIY stores are managed directly, and the company often works in collaboration with other mass merchandise retailers or owners of malls or shopfront properties. MR.DIY stores offer a wide selection of — approximately 18,000 SKUs — across 5 major categories, namely hardware; household and furnishing; electrical; stationery and sports equipment products; and others (comprising amongst other toys, car accessories, jewelry, and cosmetics).
The company strives to put customers first by operating an innovative business that is flexible when it comes to providing a wide variety of products, good quality, and value-for-money, holding true to the company’s motto of “ALWAYS LOW PRICES”.
Meet the Evolutions of the Three First Partner Pokémon And Mysterious Pokémon Spotted in the Great Crater of Paldea!
The Pokémon Company shares the latest news about the Nintendo Switch software titles Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet.
Twenty-six years have passed since the release of the original Pokémon games—the Pokémon Red Version and Pokémon Green Version in Japan—and Trainers have adventured in many regions and discovered many Pokémon. The number of discovered Pokémon has finally surpassed one thousand with the release of Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet.
A commemorative video showcasing encounters with all 1,008 Pokémon has been released on the official Pokémon YouTube channel. Please check out the new footage in this link –
Meet the Evolutions of the Three First Partner Pokémon!
Gholdengo, Pokémon #1,000 in the National Pokédex Gholdengo, the Pokémon that falls at #1,000 in the National Pokédex, evolves from Chest Form Gimmighoul or Roaming Form Gimmighoul.
An Evolution Driven by the Sentiments of a Thousand Coins
Gimmighoul evolves into Gholdengo when it levels up after its Trainer has collected 999 Gimmighoul Coins.
Apparently, this lively and cheerful Pokémon’s body is made of a thousand coins. It is friendly to both people and Pokémon.
The Coins That Form Its Body Are Used for Both Offense and Defense
Gholdengo controls the coins that comprise its body and even uses them as weapons in battle. The coins are densely packed, making Gholdengo durable. It can absorb impacts and lessen the damage it takes by letting coins fly off from areas hit by enemies. Gholdengo can attack by firing coins from anywhere on its body.
Mischievous and Prone to Loneliness
Floragato is a mischievous show-off, desiring attention and company. If its Trainer won’t entertain it, Floragato may try to get attention by misbehaving—it might wrap its Trainer up with its vine during sleep, for example.
Skillfully Wields Its Vine and Strikes with Its Flower Bud
Floragato is intelligent and dexterous. The flower bud on its neck is on the tip of a long vine. Floragato specializes in attacking by deftly manipulating this vine to strike opponents with the hard flower bud on the end.
The leaf that was growing from the base of Floragato’s neck has become a cape.
Flower Bombs Catch Opponents Off Guard Like Magic
Meowscarada uses the fur lining its cape to reflect and scatter light, thus camouflaging the stem of its flower bomb and making it look like the flower bomb is floating in midair. Furthermore, Meowscarada can attach its pollen-packed flower bombs to various
surfaces and choose when to set them off. With skillful misdirection, Meowscarada rigs foes with flower bombs and sets them off before foes realize what’s going on.
Strong Attachment to Its Trainer
Meowscarada is prideful and likes to show off, but it’s also sensitive. This jealous Pokémon will often display a strong attachment to its Trainer, and its mood will sour if it sees another Pokémon getting its attention.
It Can Control the Egg-Shaped Fireball on Its Head
This Pokémon’s fire energy and overflowing vitality have mixed together into an egg-shaped fireball that Crocalor can maintain atop its head. In battle, Crocalor can send out the egg-shaped fireball as part of a move.
It Projects a Destructive Voice with Its Flames
The valve in this Pokémon’s flame sac is closely related to its vocal cords, and Crocalor tends to let its voice out when it breathes fire. It cannot be said that this voice is beautiful. When Crocalor tries to breathe more-powerful fire, its voice becomes more destructive, which may cause some opponents to take damage.
Its Powerful Voice Soothes All Who Hear
Skeledirge is a busybody with a caring personality. Its gentle but powerful singing voice is filled with vitality, and it soothes the hearts of all who hear it. Foes that hear Skeledirge sing are left with feelings of warmth and fulfillment, thus losing their will to battle.
An Independent Fireball Spirit
Skeledirge gained its Ghost-type powers due to the influence of the soul inhabiting its fireball. The soul in the fireball is independent, and it can change its form via the power of Skeledirge’s singing voice.
Serious and Stoic
Quaxwell has a serious and stoic disposition, and a tendency to compete with others to see whose kicks are the most graceful. It makes sure to consistently practice the fundamentals of its training wherever and whenever it can, and it observes Pokémon and people from various regions to incorporate their movements into its own dance routines.
Messy Hair Makes for a Weakened Mind and Body
The hair on Quaxwell’s head has impact-absorbing properties, so whenever an attack is incoming, Quaxwell holds a low posture and takes the blow with its head. It feels mentally and physically unwell if its hair gets messed up, so it uses gel to fix its hair immediately after getting attacked.
It Slashes at Opponents with Its Decorative Water Feathers
The strength of Quaquaval’s well-trained legs is incredible. With a light kick, this Pokémon can flip a truck. During a battle, large decorative water feathers spray like a fountain from organs at the tips of its tail feathers, and it swings these water feathers around to slash through opponents like a water-jet cutter.
Cheerful and Always Breaking Out into Dance…But It Still Has Its Stoicism
Quaquaval is cheerful and energetic, and no matter the situation, it will shake its entire body in dances that evoke far-off places. On the other hand, it is very serious about consistently polishing its skills, and during critical moments, it shows a level of concentration that would amaze onlookers.