December 17, 2023 4:46 p.m.
Kaspersky’s detection systems discovered an average of 411,000 malicious files every day, with an increase of nearly 3 percent in 2023, compared to the previous year.
Particular types of threats also escalated: experts observed a marked surge of 53 percent in attacks involving malicious Microsoft Office and other types of documents. Attackers leaned towards more dangerous tactics, such as utilizing backdoors to infiltrate systems undetected. These insights, detailed in the Kaspersky Security Bulletin: Statistics of the Year Report, underscore the evolving landscape of cyberthreats.
In 2023, Kaspersky’s systems detected almost 125 million malicious files in total. Windows continued to be the primary target for cyberattacks, accounting for 88 percent of all malware-filled data detected daily. Malicious families disseminated through various scripts and different document formats ranked among the top three threats, accounting for 10 percent of all malicious files detected daily.
Average daily number of malicious files detected by Kaspersky security solutions from 2019 to 2023 (1st January – 31st October)
Kaspersky’s detection systems discovered a rather significant daily increase of malicious files in various document formats – for instance, Microsoft Office, PDF, etc. – rising by 53 percent to about 24,000 files. The growth may be linked to a rise in attacks utilizing phishing PDF files, designed to pilfer data from potential victims.
The most widespread type of malware continues to be trojans. This year, there has been a notable uptick in the use of backdoors, registering a growth from 15,000 detected files per day in 2022 to 40,000 in 2023. Backdoors stand out as one of the most hazardous types of trojans, providing attackers with remote control over a victims’ system to carry out tasks such as sending, receiving, executing, and deleting files, as well as harvesting confidential data and logging computer activity.
“The cyberthreat landscape continues to evolve, becoming more dangerous year after year. Adversaries continue to develop new malware, techniques, and methods to attack organizations and individuals. The number of vulnerabilities reported is also growing annually, and threat actors including ransomware gangs use them without hesitating. Furthermore, the entry barrier into cybercrime is now being lowered due to the proliferation of AI, which attackers use, for example, to create phishing messages with more convincing texts. In these times, it is essential both for large organizations and for every regular user to embrace reliable security solutions. Kaspersky experts are dedicated to tackling these ever-evolving cyberthreats, ensuring a secure online experience for users every day and providing vital threat intelligence about relevant threats,” comments Vladimir Kuskov, Head of Anti-Malware Research at Kaspersky.
The discoveries are based on Kaspersky detections of malicious files from January to October and are part of Kaspersky Security Bulletin (KSB) – an annual series of predictions and analytical reports on key shifts within the cybersecurity world. Follow this link to learn more about other KSB pieces.
To stay protected, Kaspersky also recommends users the following:
- Do not download and install applications from untrusted sources
- Do not click on any links from unknown sources or suspicious online advertisements
- Create strong and unique passwords, including a mix of lower-case and upper-case letters, numbers, and punctuation, as well as activating two-factor authentication
- Always install updates. Some of them may contain critical security issue fixes
- Ignore messages asking to disable security systems for office or cybersecurity software
- Use a robust security solution appropriate to your system type and devices, such as Kaspersky Premium.
To stay safe, Kaspersky recommends organizations to:
- Always keep software updated on all the devices you use to prevent attackers from infiltrating your network by exploiting vulnerabilities.
- Establish the practice of using strong passwords to access corporate services. Use multi-factor authentication for access to remote services.
- Choose a proven endpoint security solution such as Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business that is equipped with behavior-based detection and anomaly control capabilities for effective protection against known and unknown threats.
- Use a dedicated set for effective endpoint protection, threat detection and response products to timely detect and remediate even new and evasive threats. Kaspersky Optimum Security the essential set of endpoint protection empowered with EDR and MDR.
- Use the latest Threat Intelligence information to stay aware of actual TTPs used by threat actors.
HONOR is launching world’s thinnest foldable phone in PH
January 6, 2024 1:00 a.m.
Leading smart devices provider HONOR Philippines has yet again teased its fans with what seemed to be the launch of its much-anticipated foldable smartphone of the year.
It was just recently that the tech giant released its newest viral smartphone HONOR X9b 5G. While its reign is far from over, HONOR Philippines is highly excited to introduce the world’s thinnest foldable smartphone in the market.
“HONOR fans asked for it and now, we’re finally bringing it! This is by far the most anticipated launch we have and we are very proud of it. What we’re unveiling in the coming weeks is the world’s thinnest foldable smartphone to date so tech enthusiasts and alike really have to watch for it,” said HONOR Phlippines Vice President Stephen Cheng.
As seen on its social media pages, HONOR Philippines hinted the launch of its first foldable smartphone in the Philippines. More updates will be shared in the coming days that HONOR fans should definitely monitor very closely!
For more information and announcements, you may visit HONOR’s website www.hihonor.com or social media platforms: Facebook (Facebook.com/HonorPhilippines), Instagram (Instagram.com/honorph/) and TikTok Shop: (Tiktok.com/@honorphilippines). To check out HONOR’s complete list of retail stores, go to https://www.hihonor.com/ph/retailers/.
In the meantime, check out HONOR’s wide array of mobile phones, tablets, and laptops at any HONOR Experience and Partner Stores nationwide or online via Shopee (https://bit.ly/HONORPHShopee), Lazada (https://bit.ly/HONORPHLaz) and TikTok Shop (https://bit.ly/HONORTikTokShop).
LG’s commitment to innovation recognized with numerous awards at CES 2024
January 29, 2024 6:35 p.m.
LG Continues Long-Standing History of Honors at World’s Preeminent Consumer Technology Show With More Than 200 Awards & Accolades
At this year’s CES®, LG Electronics (LG) was honored with more than 200 awards and recognitions for a wide range of innovations and technologies across the home appliance, home entertainment and B2B categories.
The LG SIGNATURE OLED T – the world’s first 4K wireless transparent TV – led the way with countless honors as the Best TV or Best in Show from a wide range of press outlets.
With LG’s reputation as the global leader in OLED technology – the company continues to assert its dominance at CES, taking home the industry’s top awards and honors for its latest OLED TV lineup including the aforementioned LG SIGNATURE OLED T and the LG OLED evo M4, G4 and C4 TVs. Utilizing the wireless technology introduced in last year’s M3 TV, LG’s 77-inch LG SIGNATURE OLED T is considered the next step in the evolution of OLED TV technology and was honored by major tech publications including CNET, Digital Trends, TechRadar, Tom’s Guide, Forbes, The Verge, Wirecutter, PCMag and Mashable.
The LG OLED evo series featuring a new 144Hz refresh rate and LG’s Alpha 11 AI processor was also applauded by CNET, TechRadar Pro, PCGamer and BGR. Additionally, Digital Trends highlighted the LG UltraGear OLED gaming monitor 32GS95UE in its lineup of best monitors seen at CES 2024 noting its one-of-a-kind ability to toggle between 4K at 240Hz and FHD at 480Hz with the press of a button.
LG also garnered accolades from top publications such as USA Today and Tom’s Guide for its new LG Wash Combo™ All-In-One with Heatpump™ Technology. Marking LG’s commitment to a greener world – the new Wash Combo uses 60 percent less energy than a vented model.1 The cutting-edge home appliance was widely recognized for its compact ventless design and ability to complete a wash-and-dry cycle in under two hours.
Named as a winner of Reviewed’s Accessibility Awards for CES 2024 – LG’s Universal UP Kit – a collection of innovative home appliance accessories and add-ons embracing universal design has been crafted to enhance usability for individuals facing physical challenges. It was also recognized in Apartment Therapy’s Best Home Design Products from CES 2024.
From the Consumer Technology Association’s (CTA) CES Innovation Award program alone, LG won 34 CES Innovation Awards including two Best of Innovation Awards given to the LG 4K Transparent OLED T and the 83-inch 4K OLED Zero Connect TV (M4).
Highlights from LG’s over 200 awards and recognitions earned at CES 2024 include:
LG SIGNATURE OLED T (77-inch)
· CNET: Best TVs of CES 2024
· Digital Trends: Top Tech of CES 2024 Awards
· PCMag: The Biggest (and Coolest) TVs at CES 2024
· Engadget: Best of CES 2024
· Reviewed: The Reviewed Awards: CES 2024 – Home Theater
· TechRadar: Best Gadgets of CES 2024 – Best TV
· The New York Times: Wirecutter: Best of CES 2024
· Tom’s Guide: Best of CES 2024 Awards – Best Design
· The Verge: The Verge Awards at CES 2024 – Best in Show
· CNN Underscored: Best of CES 2024 – Best TV
· NBC News: Best of CES 2024
· Fox News: Top 10 Tech of CES 2024
· The Hollywood Reporter: Best of CES 2024 – Best OLED TV
· Variety: Best of CES 2024 – Best 4k TV
· Popular Science: Best New Gadgets and Tech from CES 2024
· Rolling Stone: Best of CES 2024
LG OLED TVs (M4, G4, C4 and B4)
· Tom’s Guide: Best TVs of CES 2024 – LG OLED evo G4
· Reviewed: The Reviewed Awards: CES 2024 – LG OLED evo G4
· TechRadar Pro: 2024 Pick Awards – LG OLED evo M4
· Tech Advisor: Best of CES 2024 – LG OLED B4
· Gear Patrol: Coolest TVs and Monitors Revealed at CES 2024 – LG OLED evo G4, C4, and OLED B4
LG QNED TVs
· Tom’s Guide: Best TVs of CES 2024 – LG 98 inch QNED TV
· Residential tech today : CES 2024 Reflections and Superlatives- LG 98 inch QNED TV
LG gram Pro Laptops
· Digital Trends: Best and Most Exciting Laptops at CES 2024 – LG gram Pro
· Inverse: Best Laptops Announced at CES 2024 – LG gram Pro 2-in-1
· Laptop Mag: Best of CES 2024 – Best 2-in-1: LG gram Pro 2-in-1
· Live Science: CES 2024: Best Laptops for Coding & Programmers – LG gram Pro 2-in-1
LG CineBeam Qube Projector
· PCMag: Best of CES 2024 – Best Projector
· WIRED: Best of CES 2024 – Best Home Theater
· Gizmodo: Best, Coolest, and Weirdest Gadgets at CES 2024
· Yanko Design: Best of CES 2024
LG UltraGear OLED Gaming Monitor
· Digital Trends: Best Monitors of CES 2024
· Inverse: Most Eye-Popping Gaming Monitors from CES 2024
· The Shortcut: The Shortcut CES 2024 Awards
· Windows Central: Best of CES 2024 – Best Gaming
LG Wash Combo™ All-In-One with Heatpump™ Technology
· Reviewed: The Reviewed Awards: CES 2024
· Tom’s Guide: Best Smart Home Gadgets of CES 2024 – Best Smart Appliance
· Tom’s Guide: Best of CES 2024 – Best Home Appliance
· Good Housekeeping: Coolest Gadgets at CES 202
LG Smart Home AI Agent
· Reviewed: CES 2024 – Top 9 New Gadgets You Need To See
· Mashable: The Best of CES 2024
· The Washington Post: The Best (and Strangest) Tech We Found at CES 2024
· T3: Best of CES 2024 Awards – T3’s Top Tech from This Year’s Show
For more information on LG’s CES 2024 awards and honors and additional information about LG’s products announced at CES, please visit LG Newsroom.
Life’s about more than having the latest technology, rather, it’s about the experiences technology creates that impact our lives. LG Electronics Philippines delivers consumer electronics through top-of-the-line home entertainment, home appliances, and air solution products that prepare Filipinos for their greatest moments. LG promises to bring “Innovation for a Better Life” nationwide – from Luzon, to Visayas, and Mindanao. For more details, follow LG Philippines on Facebook, Instagram, Youtube and Tiktok. LG products are available in all authorized dealers nationwide both in-store and online. Visit lg.com/ph for a complete list of our retail partners. You can also visit LG’s Official Flagship Stores in Lazada and Shopee.
GCash, Heart Evangelista collaborate
January 19, 2024 8:30 p.m.
GCash, the country’s leading finance super app, brings a powerful start to 2024 with the launch of its newest endorser — international fashion icon, Heart Evangelista-Escudero.
The unveiling of Heart as the new face of GCash was announced together with the release of the brand’s latest digital film, set to take over our feeds. The film not only showcases Heart’s exciting partnership with GCash, but also demonstrates how GCash has made its way into her heart, being her go-to super app for easy, safe & secure transactions, whether it be online, in-store, or even abroad.
Inspired by her travels and experiences, Heart shared her anecdotes of the moments GCash saved her in times of need –from receiving a sweet gift from her loved ones by using the app’s Send Money feature, to shopping online for cute trinkets for her dog, Panda. She even talked about how the ease of the Scan to Pay feature when it comes to simple things, like buying kwek-kwek when the craving strikes, and of course, who could forget her delighted reaction when she successfully used her GCash Card for the first time to pay for a coffee run in Paris!
“For me, GCash has been a game changer. You can use it for so many things, and literally EVERYWHERE! From my local cravings, shopping finds and even now that I’m getting ready to head out for Fashion Week season, there is no limit when I’ve got my GCash with me. Ang galing diba? ” – Heart Evangelista-Escudero
Much like Heart, there are so many new things to discover and love about GCash! Apart from being able to send and receive money for FREE, and get free vouchers and discounts when paying online, thanks to the GCash Card, its users can transact seamlessly in over 200 countries — with lower foreign exchange rates vs. competitors, it instantly became one of her travel essentials!
The different scenes showcased in the brand’s new film were inspired by the star’s day-to-day life. In fact, Heart was heavily involved in crafting the script, and dressing herself in some of her signature pieces from her personal wardrobe, some of which we’ve seen all over social media!
“In my Heart, GCash is the best way to pay”
Quoting Heart’s ending line in her newest film, GCash invites its users to enjoy the best things life has to offer in the most convenient and secure way possible.
“Heart was really the perfect, and easy, choice for us when it came to developing this campaign. She gave a mountain’s worth of ideas from the very first time we met her and the team was left inspired! Her attention to every detail was key for us to develop a material that was unique but also very personal to her. We loved the way she was able to share her personal experiences with us in highlighting how her GCash has made her transactions easier, not only in the Philippines but all over the globe. ” – Neil Trinidad, GCash Chief Marketing Officer
GCash, the country’s no. 1 finance super app continues its mission to empower Filipinos to move towards financial progress. Through this new collaboration between Heart and GCash, users can only expect more to come in 2024 as they continue to open doors to a brighter future for all Filipinos, so that they too can say that GCash is the best way to pay.
How to watch NSFW/NSFL content safely and discreetly
Celebrate Chinese New Year at Honolulu Cafe
HONOR is launching world’s thinnest foldable phone in PH
Ateneo gives PBA guest team fits in 102-93 loss
First in Manila! All immersive experiences lead to SM with its 3D Whale Shark billboard, Space Tunnel, Golden Gateway, dazzling light shows
Up to Date – Pop and viral news, memes, photos, videos, music