PLDT Home welcomes Filipino families to the future of home connectivity, unveiling new and upgraded Fibr plans with thrice as much speeds.
That means PLDT Home Unli Fibr Plan 2699 subscribers getting instantly upgraded from 100 Mbps to 300 Mbps and Unli Fibr Plan 3799 subscribers jumping from 200 Mbps to 600 Mbps. All PLDT Home subscribers will enjoy automatic speed upgrades without additional cost!
“With much excitement, we bring you our newest set of Fibr plans with upgraded speeds to further give every Filipino family the best digital experience,” said Butch G. Jimenez, Jr., Senior Vice President and Head of PLDT Home Business. “It’s a big part of PLDT Home’s unwavering commitment to provide Filipino families a future that they can look forward to—a future where more homes across the country can easily access the best digital services and fastest connectivity.”
Enjoy the fastest and most superior speeds optimized for smart home devices with the new Unli Fibr plans and select Fibr Plus plans inclusive of Mesh Wi-Fi devices for a seamless whole-home coverage!
Unli Fibr Plan 1699 is the most ideal plan for a small family with up to three devices. With speeds up to 50 Mbps, it’s perfect for heavy surfing, video calling and HD streaming.
At twice the speed, Unli Fibr Plan 2099 at 100 Mbps best fits a larger household with multiple devices used for UltraHD streaming, heavy file transfers, and online gaming. This plan is ideal for a family making the most out of a work-and-study from home setup.
Costing only a few pesos more for three times the speed from its previous edition, Unli Fibr Plan 2699 at 300 Mbps fits a household with more than 7 devices constantly tethered to the internet. At this speed, file transfers are done instantaneously and Ultra HD streaming is absolutely buffer-free. The plan is also three times as awesome for uninterrupted video streaming and online gaming!
For a home with more than 10 constantly-connected smart devices, Unli Fibr Plan 3799 at 600 Mbps makes the optimal option. Its capacity for seamless 4K streaming makes it the choice of competitive gamers, as well as home-based executives and professionals alike.
For those living in an even larger home that requires maximum speeds, PLDT Home offers its premium Unli Fibr Plan 9499 at 1 Gbps – yes, that’s a breakneck speed of up to 1,000 Mbps for the ultimate home digital experience! It’s the best plan for today’s future-ready smart homes, promising equal upload and download speeds for top-notch digital home entertainment; the most seamless, simultaneous streaming; and the ultimate video gaming experience.
Beyond just delivering the most reliable and fastest internet speeds, PLDT Home continuously conducts network upgrades in its commitment to provide superior digital solutions to the country’s ever growing home internet demands.
Boasting a four-peat record at the prestigious Ookla® Speedtest Awards™, PLDT remains to be the undisputed fastest fixed network in the Philippines. The latest Speedtest Awards™ for Q1-Q2 2021 showed PLDT achieving the fastest download and upload speeds in Makati, Cebu, and Davao, with an overall speed score of 46.25 for the quarter – besting all other major internet providers in the country.
Make your smart-home dreams come to life with the newest Fibr Unli and Fibr Plus plans. Visit pldthome.info/fiber-fast to know more.
There’s a Nanyang near you for all your Singaporean food cravings
August 4, 2023 6:30 p.m.
Missing Singapore’s famous Hainanese Chicken Rice, Laksa fishball, Cheesy Chicken Chop Noodles and Kopi?
Visit your nearest Nanyang Philippines branch.
Globe powers up TOYCON 2023’s landmark 20th year
June 29, 2023 6:53 p.m.
As Toycon Philippines proudly commemorates its 20th year, the landmark celebration promises to be more electrifying than ever with the formidable support of leading digital lifestyle brand Globe.
Globe has always been at the forefront of supporting diverse subcultures and passions, and this partnership is a testament to its commitment. As part of the collaboration, Globe will bring to life the rich world of its cinematic and theatrical partners, further enriching the TOYCON 2023 experience for attendees.
“As the country’s most reliable network and top digital solutions platform with an ecosystem of various services, we’re uniquely positioned to foster the vibrancy of the toy collecting and creating community. This partnership underscores our commitment to nurturing a wide array of passions and interests while ensuring the best connectivity for all participants.”
Cholo Mallillin, Marketing Head at Toycon Philippines, said: “The collaboration with Globe will further elevate the Toycon experience. This partnership will bring more surprises and rewards to our community. We invite everyone to join us as we celebrate 20 years of Toycon in the most exciting way possible.”
TOYCON 2023 will be held at the SMX Convention Center in MOA from July 7 to 9, 2023. Attendees are in for a treat, as they have the chance to meet their beloved childhood characters, explore an expansive marketplace of unique toys and collectibles, and participate in exclusive Globe activities.
One of the highlights of the partnership is a series of exclusive perks for Globe customers. By using Globe Rewards points, customers will have the opportunity to win various ticket tiers ranging from Day Passes to VIP Passes. There will also be exclusive toy freebies for VIP pass holders, and unique Globe-only activities, such as paint-your-own Gudi.
At the event, Globe will also host an interactive booth featuring activities designed to reward and inspire. From earning freebies by donating Rewards points to a good cause, to free arcade plays and meet-ups with popular streamers, Globe customers are in for an exciting weekend of gaming and beyond.
To learn more about Globe, visit https://www.globe.com.ph/.
Love the long weekend break? Cybercriminals do, too
April 4, 2023 5:11 p.m.
There are 18 official public holidays in the Philippines. As we all know, when these dates fall close to a weekend or if the government pursues holiday economics, most Filipinos make plans in advance to take advantage of extended holiday breaks. This year, we can get to do that at least 12 times.
Unfortunately, cybercriminals get excited about holidays, too. To refresh everyone’s memory, the $81-million Bangladesh Bank heist back in 2016 is an example of a successful cyber attack, which happened on the first day of Lunar New Year, a national holiday in the Philippines and the rest of Asia.
“Now that the world has reopened, travel is back with a vengeance this year, hence the term ‘travel revenge’. Whether Filipinos are scheduling holiday trips or just staycation-ing during the long weekends, it’s important to observe simple digital security practices so you can get to sit back and relax as you take your well-deserved vacation. Security-first thinking opens doors for a more enjoyable holiday break, especially for Filipinos who are amongst the world’s most active online users,” comments Chris Connell, Managing Director for Asia Pacific at Kaspersky.
Both individuals and companies are advised to be extra mindful of personal cybersecurity best practices and internet hygiene when on a holiday.
For companies, Kaspersky suggests to:
- Conduct drills
- Stress to vacationing employees why data encryption, two-factor authentication, strong passwords, and locking devices when not in use are important.
- Discuss the steps to take if their device ends up getting stolen.
- Advise staff about charging smartphones in a wall socket, not through USBs at airports and other public places (these can be used to steal data from a device and infect it with malicious software, such as spyware.
- Educate employees about the dangers of public WIFI (and even hotel WIFI unless it is encrypted and password-protected) and how to use a secure connection such as with a VPN.
- Log out
- Terminate unnecessary VPN connections to the corporate infrastructure.
- End unnecessary sessions that employees have left on any devices for an extended period of time. This also applies to corporate messengers, web apps and any other services.
- Check that the list of employees with access to the corporate network via VPN or RDP include only authorized users. Revoke access from those who don’t need it.
- Create special “emergency” admin accounts for potential incident response over the holidays. The rights granted to regular admin accounts can even be temporarily restricted so that attackers cannot exploit them.
- Install patches for all key applications. This process is far simpler if your company uses security solutions with a built-in patch management system.
Meanwhile, Kaspersky encourages individuals to:
- Only browse trusted apps and websites and be careful about personal information you input like credit card numbers or home address.
- Do not click on links or open email attachments from travel sites when receiving confirmations. Trusted companies include such letters in the bodies of their emails. Malware is often disguised as an attached confirmation letter.
- Bring two or three or more credit or debit cards to have a backup plan in case of loss or needing to cancel one.
- Never leave valuables unattended. Put large amounts of cash and mobile devices or laptops in the hotel safe.
- Use a credit card as most have built-in protections against fraud. There is no protection against a scammer if you send them cash or even check or debit card payment in some cases. A money transfer service is not advisable.
- Ensure their devices has security software installed, ideally with anti-theft technology.