December 23, 2021 8:45 p.m.
Christmas isn’t Christmas without lights. And these days, not only do they breathe life to Christmas trees but they make places like SM malls light up at their glowing best.
Here are 5 SM light and sound shows that you and your family can enjoy and safely visit this Christmas:
SM MOA Night of Lights
The first ever and the biggest Christmas Drive Thru Installation in the Philippines!
Drive thru a magical world of larger-than-life installations, with 3 magical zones and 3 tunnel installations you can enjoy from the safety and comfort of your vehicle.
Simply get a ticket with a minimum single receipt purchase of P2,000 from any establishment in MOA, S Maison, SM by the BAY or MOA Square dated December 3 to January 1, 2022. The SM MOA Night of Lights is open from December 4 to Jan 2, 2022 at the MOA Concert Grounds from 5:30PM to 10PM except on December 24 and 31, 2021.
SM Southmall’s South Pole Express
South Pole comes to life in a dazzling Christmas drive thru experience down south! Get on board The South Pole Express at SM Southmall and be enthralled in an amazing display of lights!
Simply get a ticket with every spend of P2,500 single or accumulated purchase receipt from any SM Southmall establishment or a minimum purchase of five (5) pairs of Bears of Joy. SM Southmall South Pole Express is open until January 2, 2022 at the Northwest Parking, Alabang–Zapote Rd, Almanza, Las Piñas, from 11am to 9pm everyday. You may also reserve your slot at: https://bit.ly/smsm-express
SM Aura Premier
What better way to cap your family day at SM Aura than with a night of wonderful lights and music at the Skypark! Be treated to a choregraphed sound and visual performance on these dates: Dec 17-19, 24-25, 31 & Jan 1-2, starting at 6pm at the Skypark (Carabao Area), Level 5.
SM Sta. Rosa’s Christmas Avenue
There’s no stopping Christmas from stepping out of the mall! Christmas-inspired murals painted by Laguna’s local artists fill the Christmas Avenue where shoppers can also dine al fresco! And here’s another reason to enjoy the murals and outdoor dining at Christmas Avenue: the chilly breeze of Christmas.
SM City Baguio’s Christmas Magic
SM City Baguio lights up a different kind of light. Fire pits are now yours to enjoy at the Sky Terrace. Bring out the mallows and toast them over the open fire while the city embraces you with the cold December breeze. It’s one unforgettable Christmas at SM City Baguio.
For more details about Christmas at SM, visit www.smsupermalls.com or follow @smsupermalls on all social media accounts.
There’s a Nanyang near you for all your Singaporean food cravings
August 4, 2023 6:30 p.m.
Missing Singapore’s famous Hainanese Chicken Rice, Laksa fishball, Cheesy Chicken Chop Noodles and Kopi?
Visit your nearest Nanyang Philippines branch.
Globe powers up TOYCON 2023’s landmark 20th year
June 29, 2023 6:53 p.m.
As Toycon Philippines proudly commemorates its 20th year, the landmark celebration promises to be more electrifying than ever with the formidable support of leading digital lifestyle brand Globe.
Globe has always been at the forefront of supporting diverse subcultures and passions, and this partnership is a testament to its commitment. As part of the collaboration, Globe will bring to life the rich world of its cinematic and theatrical partners, further enriching the TOYCON 2023 experience for attendees.
“As the country’s most reliable network and top digital solutions platform with an ecosystem of various services, we’re uniquely positioned to foster the vibrancy of the toy collecting and creating community. This partnership underscores our commitment to nurturing a wide array of passions and interests while ensuring the best connectivity for all participants.”
Cholo Mallillin, Marketing Head at Toycon Philippines, said: “The collaboration with Globe will further elevate the Toycon experience. This partnership will bring more surprises and rewards to our community. We invite everyone to join us as we celebrate 20 years of Toycon in the most exciting way possible.”
TOYCON 2023 will be held at the SMX Convention Center in MOA from July 7 to 9, 2023. Attendees are in for a treat, as they have the chance to meet their beloved childhood characters, explore an expansive marketplace of unique toys and collectibles, and participate in exclusive Globe activities.
One of the highlights of the partnership is a series of exclusive perks for Globe customers. By using Globe Rewards points, customers will have the opportunity to win various ticket tiers ranging from Day Passes to VIP Passes. There will also be exclusive toy freebies for VIP pass holders, and unique Globe-only activities, such as paint-your-own Gudi.
At the event, Globe will also host an interactive booth featuring activities designed to reward and inspire. From earning freebies by donating Rewards points to a good cause, to free arcade plays and meet-ups with popular streamers, Globe customers are in for an exciting weekend of gaming and beyond.
To learn more about Globe, visit https://www.globe.com.ph/.
Love the long weekend break? Cybercriminals do, too
April 4, 2023 5:11 p.m.
There are 18 official public holidays in the Philippines. As we all know, when these dates fall close to a weekend or if the government pursues holiday economics, most Filipinos make plans in advance to take advantage of extended holiday breaks. This year, we can get to do that at least 12 times.
Unfortunately, cybercriminals get excited about holidays, too. To refresh everyone’s memory, the $81-million Bangladesh Bank heist back in 2016 is an example of a successful cyber attack, which happened on the first day of Lunar New Year, a national holiday in the Philippines and the rest of Asia.
“Now that the world has reopened, travel is back with a vengeance this year, hence the term ‘travel revenge’. Whether Filipinos are scheduling holiday trips or just staycation-ing during the long weekends, it’s important to observe simple digital security practices so you can get to sit back and relax as you take your well-deserved vacation. Security-first thinking opens doors for a more enjoyable holiday break, especially for Filipinos who are amongst the world’s most active online users,” comments Chris Connell, Managing Director for Asia Pacific at Kaspersky.
Both individuals and companies are advised to be extra mindful of personal cybersecurity best practices and internet hygiene when on a holiday.
For companies, Kaspersky suggests to:
- Conduct drills
- Stress to vacationing employees why data encryption, two-factor authentication, strong passwords, and locking devices when not in use are important.
- Discuss the steps to take if their device ends up getting stolen.
- Advise staff about charging smartphones in a wall socket, not through USBs at airports and other public places (these can be used to steal data from a device and infect it with malicious software, such as spyware.
- Educate employees about the dangers of public WIFI (and even hotel WIFI unless it is encrypted and password-protected) and how to use a secure connection such as with a VPN.
- Log out
- Terminate unnecessary VPN connections to the corporate infrastructure.
- End unnecessary sessions that employees have left on any devices for an extended period of time. This also applies to corporate messengers, web apps and any other services.
- Check that the list of employees with access to the corporate network via VPN or RDP include only authorized users. Revoke access from those who don’t need it.
- Create special “emergency” admin accounts for potential incident response over the holidays. The rights granted to regular admin accounts can even be temporarily restricted so that attackers cannot exploit them.
- Install patches for all key applications. This process is far simpler if your company uses security solutions with a built-in patch management system.
Meanwhile, Kaspersky encourages individuals to:
- Only browse trusted apps and websites and be careful about personal information you input like credit card numbers or home address.
- Do not click on links or open email attachments from travel sites when receiving confirmations. Trusted companies include such letters in the bodies of their emails. Malware is often disguised as an attached confirmation letter.
- Bring two or three or more credit or debit cards to have a backup plan in case of loss or needing to cancel one.
- Never leave valuables unattended. Put large amounts of cash and mobile devices or laptops in the hotel safe.
- Use a credit card as most have built-in protections against fraud. There is no protection against a scammer if you send them cash or even check or debit card payment in some cases. A money transfer service is not advisable.
- Ensure their devices has security software installed, ideally with anti-theft technology.