December 22, 2021 2:36 p.m.
The way people consume content will never be the same thanks to Samsung’s newest TV, The Sero. The world’s first rotating TV redefines how social media-savvy users view their favorite content with its head-turning features.
For those in the market for a new TV, here are five reasons why The Sero is definitely worth a look:
TV with a rotating screen – doesn’t get much cooler than that
With The Sero’s Auto-Rotating Screen, watch your favorite content how it was intended in either portrait or landscape orientation. Whether vertical for mobile content and apps, or horizontal for movies and TV shows, you’ll always have the best viewing perspective. Activating the feature is quick and easy – automatically switch up your view using the remote control, your smartphone, or even using Bixby Voice Assistant.
Mobile content just got bigger with quick & easy screen mirroring
The Sero is built to be mobile-optimized. Activate Tap View by simply tapping your smartphone to The Sero to seamlessly start casting content. The Sero will follow the orientation of your phone and display the right aspect ratio so you can enjoy content on the entire 43-inch display.
An audio experience with the multi-channel speaker
Watching livestreams and TikTok videos will be more enjoyable with The Sero’s powerful 4.1ch 60W Front Firing speakers. These are embedded with base-enhancing woofers that are great for amping up various low-frequency sounds. When listening to music, users can set a Sound Wall on Portrait Mode to add a fun and artsy display that changes depending on the audio beats.
Design and portrait mode to match the mood of the room
The Sero can also be a great interior piece with its space-saving form and stylish build. When in Portrait Mode, you can choose from several screensaver-type backgrounds, like cinemagraph or choose your own photo, to uplift your room décor. With its detachable wheels, The Sero can easily move around so you can watch from any part of your room.
And of course, it’s a Samsung TV
The Sero has all the features of a premium Samsung TV to take content viewing to the next level. Watch movies and shows in 100% Color Volume with Quantum Dot, which delivers a billion shades of color that stay true-to-life. With 4K AI Upscaling, users can instantly get stunning 4K resolution picture as this feature automatically upscales low-resolution images. Enjoy high-definition graphics and eye-catching colors anytime with the Adaptive Picture feature, which optimizes the TV to complement a room’s lighting ambience.
The Sero’s impressive features redefines how people view content, especially with its versatile mobile compatibility. These can also inspire consumers and creators alike to get that creative breakthrough they need to make their projects come alive, even more.
Get The Sero now until December 31, 2021 can get a FREE Galaxy Tab A7 Lite, 1-year of Viu Premium, and 6-months of HBO GO. For more information, visit www.samsung.com/ph today.
There’s a Nanyang near you for all your Singaporean food cravings
August 4, 2023 6:30 p.m.
Missing Singapore’s famous Hainanese Chicken Rice, Laksa fishball, Cheesy Chicken Chop Noodles and Kopi?
Visit your nearest Nanyang Philippines branch.
Globe powers up TOYCON 2023’s landmark 20th year
June 29, 2023 6:53 p.m.
As Toycon Philippines proudly commemorates its 20th year, the landmark celebration promises to be more electrifying than ever with the formidable support of leading digital lifestyle brand Globe.
Globe has always been at the forefront of supporting diverse subcultures and passions, and this partnership is a testament to its commitment. As part of the collaboration, Globe will bring to life the rich world of its cinematic and theatrical partners, further enriching the TOYCON 2023 experience for attendees.
“As the country’s most reliable network and top digital solutions platform with an ecosystem of various services, we’re uniquely positioned to foster the vibrancy of the toy collecting and creating community. This partnership underscores our commitment to nurturing a wide array of passions and interests while ensuring the best connectivity for all participants.”
Cholo Mallillin, Marketing Head at Toycon Philippines, said: “The collaboration with Globe will further elevate the Toycon experience. This partnership will bring more surprises and rewards to our community. We invite everyone to join us as we celebrate 20 years of Toycon in the most exciting way possible.”
TOYCON 2023 will be held at the SMX Convention Center in MOA from July 7 to 9, 2023. Attendees are in for a treat, as they have the chance to meet their beloved childhood characters, explore an expansive marketplace of unique toys and collectibles, and participate in exclusive Globe activities.
One of the highlights of the partnership is a series of exclusive perks for Globe customers. By using Globe Rewards points, customers will have the opportunity to win various ticket tiers ranging from Day Passes to VIP Passes. There will also be exclusive toy freebies for VIP pass holders, and unique Globe-only activities, such as paint-your-own Gudi.
At the event, Globe will also host an interactive booth featuring activities designed to reward and inspire. From earning freebies by donating Rewards points to a good cause, to free arcade plays and meet-ups with popular streamers, Globe customers are in for an exciting weekend of gaming and beyond.
To learn more about Globe, visit https://www.globe.com.ph/.
Love the long weekend break? Cybercriminals do, too
April 4, 2023 5:11 p.m.
There are 18 official public holidays in the Philippines. As we all know, when these dates fall close to a weekend or if the government pursues holiday economics, most Filipinos make plans in advance to take advantage of extended holiday breaks. This year, we can get to do that at least 12 times.
Unfortunately, cybercriminals get excited about holidays, too. To refresh everyone’s memory, the $81-million Bangladesh Bank heist back in 2016 is an example of a successful cyber attack, which happened on the first day of Lunar New Year, a national holiday in the Philippines and the rest of Asia.
“Now that the world has reopened, travel is back with a vengeance this year, hence the term ‘travel revenge’. Whether Filipinos are scheduling holiday trips or just staycation-ing during the long weekends, it’s important to observe simple digital security practices so you can get to sit back and relax as you take your well-deserved vacation. Security-first thinking opens doors for a more enjoyable holiday break, especially for Filipinos who are amongst the world’s most active online users,” comments Chris Connell, Managing Director for Asia Pacific at Kaspersky.
Both individuals and companies are advised to be extra mindful of personal cybersecurity best practices and internet hygiene when on a holiday.
For companies, Kaspersky suggests to:
- Conduct drills
- Stress to vacationing employees why data encryption, two-factor authentication, strong passwords, and locking devices when not in use are important.
- Discuss the steps to take if their device ends up getting stolen.
- Advise staff about charging smartphones in a wall socket, not through USBs at airports and other public places (these can be used to steal data from a device and infect it with malicious software, such as spyware.
- Educate employees about the dangers of public WIFI (and even hotel WIFI unless it is encrypted and password-protected) and how to use a secure connection such as with a VPN.
- Log out
- Terminate unnecessary VPN connections to the corporate infrastructure.
- End unnecessary sessions that employees have left on any devices for an extended period of time. This also applies to corporate messengers, web apps and any other services.
- Check that the list of employees with access to the corporate network via VPN or RDP include only authorized users. Revoke access from those who don’t need it.
- Create special “emergency” admin accounts for potential incident response over the holidays. The rights granted to regular admin accounts can even be temporarily restricted so that attackers cannot exploit them.
- Install patches for all key applications. This process is far simpler if your company uses security solutions with a built-in patch management system.
Meanwhile, Kaspersky encourages individuals to:
- Only browse trusted apps and websites and be careful about personal information you input like credit card numbers or home address.
- Do not click on links or open email attachments from travel sites when receiving confirmations. Trusted companies include such letters in the bodies of their emails. Malware is often disguised as an attached confirmation letter.
- Bring two or three or more credit or debit cards to have a backup plan in case of loss or needing to cancel one.
- Never leave valuables unattended. Put large amounts of cash and mobile devices or laptops in the hotel safe.
- Use a credit card as most have built-in protections against fraud. There is no protection against a scammer if you send them cash or even check or debit card payment in some cases. A money transfer service is not advisable.
- Ensure their devices has security software installed, ideally with anti-theft technology.