Shopee gives 5 days of deals, discounts this 2.2 Free Shipping Sale
January 28, 2022 3:36 p.m.
Getting ready for another round of shopping for your essentials and budols? Lucky for you, you can shop without breaking the bank during Shopee’s 2.2 Free Shipping Sale. Prepare for five exciting days of Free Shipping with ₱0 minimum spend, ₱1 Flash Deals, and 10% off vouchers daily, as you shop for your stay-at-home needs from January 30 Payday Sale until February 3.
Score Free Shipping, Daily Midnight Sales and Non-Stop Rush Hour Sales
This 2.2 Free Shipping Sale, make the most of the sitewide Free Shipping vouchers with ₱0 minimum spend for all your needs. On February 2, you can claim free shipping vouchers hourly and have all your home essentials shipped to your house safely without worrying about shipping fees.
For those eager to score the hottest deals at the lowest prices, check out Daily Midnight Sales from 12MN to 2AM from January 30 Payday Sale until February 3. Be one of the first to claim midnight vouchers, and exclusive deals from a wide range of brands and sellers.
If you’re an avid shopper who can sneak in checkouts during school and work breaks, then the Rush Hour Sales are made for you. Early birds can shop during the Big Morning Sale from 8AM to 10AM. If you’re taking your lunch break then check out the Big Lunchtime Sale from 12NN to 2PM. For those who thrive on last-minute shopping sprees, then the Last 3 Hours Sale from 9PM to 12MN is perfect for you. With each Rush Hour, expect limited-time vouchers and deals at irresistible prices to make your purchase rewarding.
Planning how to maximize the five day sale this 2.2? Keep some of these incredible deals in mind:
For most, a clean home can help bring peace of mind. With the Philips FC9351/0 Vacuum, you get ultra-strong suction that takes care of all your dust and dirt problems so you can lounge around more comfortably.
For most of the day, your phone will be pretty much attached to you whatever you do and wherever you are at home. It’s time to upgrade your most prized gadget to the hottest one in the market, the iPhone 13. This 5G phone is powered by a super fast A15 bionic chip that takes all your downloads, photos and video streaming to the next level.
Be extra careful that the dishes you use are clean and have no specks of food and bacteria that can harm your loved ones. With the Kyowa Dish Sterilizer, you’ll be serving your signature recipes in clean, sterile, and dry dishes.
Find Low Prices on Home Essentials this 2.2 Free Shipping Sale
Are you a bargain hunter on the prowl for the best deals for your home? Then check the Big Price Drop Sale on February 2, 6PM to 8PM for deals ₱222 and below. You’ll also find even more exciting low prices when you Add To Cart this January 31.
For home staples, check out these items below:
Being extra careful now goes a long way in protecting your family. With the Lysol Disinfectant Spray, you’re sure that the surface and air you breathe at home is free from harmful fungi, viruses and bacteria. Apart from keeping your space clean, this also eliminates unpleasant odors, replacing them with a fresh, relaxing berry scent.
For a good quality mask that you can rely on, the Health Guard KF94 Face Mask is a must-buy. With 4 layers of thickness, this mask effectively filters disease-causing viruses so you can stay protected while on the go.
Say goodbye to restless nights and hello to sweet dreams when you get the Angbon Memory Pillow. Made from 100% rebound material, this soft memory foam pillow is designed to support your head and neck, relieving pressure points for a more comfortable slumber.
To enjoy 5-days of Free Shipping with ₱0 minimum. spend, ₱1 Flash Deals and 10% off vouchers daily, make sure to visit: https://shopee.ph/m/22
To enjoy more discounts on your purchases, use ShopeePay, Shopee’s all-in-one e-wallet where you can buy load, pay bills, send money and scan to pay at thousands of partner merchants nationwide. This 2.2 Free Shipping Sale, enjoy more free shipping vouchers at ₱0 minimum spend, exclusively with ShopeePay.
This 2.2, you can also get up to 50% cashback on your monthly bills from participating billers such as Meralco, Maynilad, PLDT, Globe, Smart, Manila Water, and Converge. If you need to stock up on groceries or home necessities, get big savings with ₱1 Deals via ‘ShopeePay Near Me’ on the Shopee app. Redeem your discounts by paying with ShopeePay at partner merchants such as Puregold, National Bookstore, Ultra Mega, Metro Department Store & Supermarket, FamilyMart, and many more.
With ShopeePay, you can also enjoy free transfers to any bank or any Shopee user. Until February 3, get a chance to win ₱110,000 when you send at least ₱1 to any Shopee user, or if it is your first time to send money with ShopeePay. Additionally, you can also cash in for free via InstaPay; get up to ₱25 cashback on your InstaPay fee when you cash in.
Activate and cash in your ShopeePay wallet for safe, cashless payments.
Download the Shopee app for free via the App Store or Google Play.
Love the long weekend break? Cybercriminals do, too
April 4, 2023 5:11 p.m.
There are 18 official public holidays in the Philippines. As we all know, when these dates fall close to a weekend or if the government pursues holiday economics, most Filipinos make plans in advance to take advantage of extended holiday breaks. This year, we can get to do that at least 12 times.
Unfortunately, cybercriminals get excited about holidays, too. To refresh everyone’s memory, the $81-million Bangladesh Bank heist back in 2016 is an example of a successful cyber attack, which happened on the first day of Lunar New Year, a national holiday in the Philippines and the rest of Asia.
“Now that the world has reopened, travel is back with a vengeance this year, hence the term ‘travel revenge’. Whether Filipinos are scheduling holiday trips or just staycation-ing during the long weekends, it’s important to observe simple digital security practices so you can get to sit back and relax as you take your well-deserved vacation. Security-first thinking opens doors for a more enjoyable holiday break, especially for Filipinos who are amongst the world’s most active online users,” comments Chris Connell, Managing Director for Asia Pacific at Kaspersky.
Both individuals and companies are advised to be extra mindful of personal cybersecurity best practices and internet hygiene when on a holiday.
For companies, Kaspersky suggests to:
- Conduct drills
- Stress to vacationing employees why data encryption, two-factor authentication, strong passwords, and locking devices when not in use are important.
- Discuss the steps to take if their device ends up getting stolen.
- Advise staff about charging smartphones in a wall socket, not through USBs at airports and other public places (these can be used to steal data from a device and infect it with malicious software, such as spyware.
- Educate employees about the dangers of public WIFI (and even hotel WIFI unless it is encrypted and password-protected) and how to use a secure connection such as with a VPN.
- Log out
- Terminate unnecessary VPN connections to the corporate infrastructure.
- End unnecessary sessions that employees have left on any devices for an extended period of time. This also applies to corporate messengers, web apps and any other services.
- Check that the list of employees with access to the corporate network via VPN or RDP include only authorized users. Revoke access from those who don’t need it.
- Create special “emergency” admin accounts for potential incident response over the holidays. The rights granted to regular admin accounts can even be temporarily restricted so that attackers cannot exploit them.
- Install patches for all key applications. This process is far simpler if your company uses security solutions with a built-in patch management system.
Meanwhile, Kaspersky encourages individuals to:
- Only browse trusted apps and websites and be careful about personal information you input like credit card numbers or home address.
- Do not click on links or open email attachments from travel sites when receiving confirmations. Trusted companies include such letters in the bodies of their emails. Malware is often disguised as an attached confirmation letter.
- Bring two or three or more credit or debit cards to have a backup plan in case of loss or needing to cancel one.
- Never leave valuables unattended. Put large amounts of cash and mobile devices or laptops in the hotel safe.
- Use a credit card as most have built-in protections against fraud. There is no protection against a scammer if you send them cash or even check or debit card payment in some cases. A money transfer service is not advisable.
- Ensure their devices has security software installed, ideally with anti-theft technology.
Kaspersky blocks close to 1M financial phishing attacks eyeing SEA businesses last year
March 20, 2023 9:54 p.m.
Phishing is one of the most prevalent forms of cybercrime due to the minimal effort required and the fact that it really works.
It’s usually built around an inherently simple scheme: using carefully crafted emails or notifications that mimic messages from banks, government organizations, entertainment platforms—really any service—cybercriminals can trick users into following a link to a fraudulent website and giving up their payment or personal details or even downloading malicious programs.
Kaspersky in 2022 has blocked a total of 822,536 financial phishing targeted at companies in Southeast Asia (SEA). From SMBs to large enterprises, financial phishers kept trying to infect businesses in the
region last year.
In this case, “financial phishing” refers not only to banking specific phishing but also payment systems and e-shops. Payment system phishing includes pages impersonating well-known payment brands, such as PayPal, MasterCard, American Express, Visa and others. E-shops refer to online stores and auction sites like Amazon, the Apple Store, Steam, eBay etc.
Indonesia chalked up the highest number of financial phishing incidents (208,238). Vietnam comes second with 172,694, and Malaysia recorded 120,656. Thailand logged 101,461 phishing attempts related to finances, followed by the Philippines with 52,914, and Singapore with 22,109.
“It’s interesting to see companies being targeted by financial phishing but we have to remember here that businesses, at their core, are still made up of humans. Phishing is a type of social engineering attack. Social engineering attack is dubbed as hacking of the human mind. With nine out of ten employees needing basic cybersecurity skills training, cybercriminals know that the workforce remains a loophole they can exploit easily to launch a cyberattack against a company,” says Yeo Siang Tiong, General Manager for Southeast Asia at Kaspersky.
As reported, phishing email is usually the first chapter of 91% of all cyberattacks. A phishing simulation done by Kaspersky reinforced how cybercriminals trick employees into clicking malicious mails.
It showed that workers tend not to notice pitfalls hidden in emails devoted to corporate issues and online delivery problem notifications and almost one in five (16% to 18%) clicked the link in the email templates imitating these phishing attacks.
Among the other phishing emails that gained a significant number of clicks are; reservation confirmations from a booking service (11%), a notification about an order placement (11%), and an IKEA contest announcement (10%).
To prevent complex attacks, and any related financial and reputational losses caused by phishing attacks, Kaspersky recommends the following for businesses:
- Remind your employees about the basic signs of phishing emails. A dramatic subject line, mistakes and typos, inconsistent sender addresses and suspicious links;
- If there is any doubt about the received email, check the format of attachments before opening them and the link accuracy before clicking. This can be achieved by hovering over these elements – making sure the address looks authentic and the attached files are not in an executable format;
- Always report phishing attacks. If you spot a phishing attack, report it to your IT security department and, if possible, avoid opening the malicious email. This will allow your cybersecurity team to reconfigure anti-spam policies and prevent an incident;
- Supply your employees with basic cybersecurity knowledge. Education should be aimed at changing the behavior of learners and teaching them how to deal with threats. As a major cybersecurity vendor, Kaspersky possesses a relevant base of information on real attacks and continuously supplements its Security Awareness Trainings in accordance with the current threat landscape;
- Since phishing attempts can be confusing, and there’s no guarantee of avoiding all accident clicks, protect your working devices and your enterprise perimeters with a holistic expert security like Kaspersky Extended Detection and Response (XDR) platform. It provides anti-spam capabilities, tracks suspicious behavior, and creates a backup copy of your files in case of ransomware attacks. Anti-phishing protection is also included, as well as threat hunting.
Enterprises can find out more about this new platform at go.kaspersky.com/expert .
Kaspersky in Southeast Asia also has launched a Buy 1 Free 1 promo. Businesses can now enjoy two years of enterprise-grade endpoint protection for the price of 1 with Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business or Cloud or Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response Optimum, with 24×7 phone support. Interested customers can reach out to email@example.com.
Let there be light: MR.DIY electrical tools Pinoy homeowners should have
March 11, 2023 7:37 p.m.
Being a homeowner entails being nifty at doing quick fixes. Things like leaky faucets, crooked cabinets, and regrouting tiles are just some of the common and simple home problems you can DIY. But you can also try your hand at finally overcoming your electrical-related problems at home like changing the wires or replacing switches and light bulbs.
Got the basics down but not the tools at hand? Ace your next home repairs and improvement with MR.DIY’s wide array of electrical products, including lighting, that are not only value for your money, but are only a stone’s throw away — at your nearest MR.DIY branch!
1. MR.DIY Battery Sensor Light and LED Emergency Lantern
Make it easier for you to find your way in the dark with MR. DIY Battery Sensor Light. Equipped with a motion sensor, the 6-LED light is perfect for small and out-of-the-way spaces where you don’t have access to a power outlet. With MR.DIY’s emergency lantern, you’ll always be prepared for anything! This durable, usb-powered light is also ideal for camping or outdoor use as well.
2. MR.DIY Premium 5W Daylight
Even as simple as changing a light bulb can positively impact your space and wellbeing! With the E27Daylight LED Bulb, there’s no need to worry about straining your eyes or having headaches because you have a wide light coverage just enough to fill your room.
3. Flashlights galore
MR.DIY has torches of all shapes and sizes! From handy aluminum led-light flashlights to solar-powered, and even USB-powered torches, to battery-powered, large-capacity flashlights, we have them all at your nearest MR.DIY branch!
4. Alkaline batteries of all sizes, for all needs
Give your battery-operated devices a boost with MR.DIY batteries. MR.DIY batteries are safe and long-lasting–especially designed for clocks, remote controls, electric shavers, toys, and electric toothbrushes among others.
With more than 18,000 items available, MR.DIY is the country’s favorite family and home improvement one-stop shop retailer — the place to be for your daily home fixes. These tools and other electrical items are now available at MR.DIY stores nationwide.
To learn more about MR.D.I.Y. and other exciting events, visit MR.DIY’s official website or follow /mrdiyPH on Facebook, and @mrdiy.philippines on Instagram and Tiktok for the featured promotions. Have a fast, safe, and efficient DIY shopping!
MR.DIY is the largest home improvement retailer with more than 2,000 stores across Southeast Asia including Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, Brunei, Philippines, Cambodia, India, and Europe in Turkey and Spain. The home improvement retailer has dedicated itself to making a positive difference in the lives of its valued customers by offering convenience at all its stores nationwide.
All MR.DIY stores are managed directly, and the company often works in collaboration with other mass merchandise retailers or owners of malls or shopfront properties. MR.DIY stores offer a wide selection of — approximately 18,000 SKUs — across 5 major categories, namely hardware; household and furnishing; electrical; stationery and sports equipment products; and others (comprising amongst other toys, car accessories, jewelry, and cosmetics).
The company strives to put customers first by operating an innovative business that is flexible when it comes to providing a wide variety of products, good quality, and value-for-money, holding true to the company’s motto of “ALWAYS LOW PRICES”.