January 31, 2022 3:51 p.m.
The start of the year had its ups and downs, but like always, we should keep moving forward with our heads held high. After dealing with the stress of these past weeks, we all need a break to recover physically and mentally. A little retail therapy is always a good option, right? If you’re reading this, take this as your sign to reward yourself with some well-deserved self-care needs on sale during the Shopee 2.2 Free Shipping Sale.
Look good and feel good with these health and fitness staples
End those long days with a must-have for your skin care regimen. The Laniege Water Sleeping Mask_EX has Sleeping MicroBiome™ and enhanced Pro-biotics Complex that strengthen the skin’s defense for a well-slept, bright and clear complexion. Let this overnight mask nourish your skin so you stay fresh no matter how busy you get.
Need a boost for your active lifestyle and a trendy workout? Add the Kemling Adjustable Jump Rope to your home gym and get into the habit of breaking a sweat before or after work. For its price, you’re getting a quality, reliable jump rope that’s easily adjustable and comfortable to use.
Motivate yourself by investing in an Active Mindful Yoga Mat for your floor work, stretching, body weight exercises, and yoga sessions. This lightweight, non-slip mat is a perfect companion for your fitness journey this year and a reminder for you to keep pushing for progress.
Upgrade your entertainment set-up with these powerful gadgets
Don’t underestimate the difference a bigger, better screen can make for your gaming experience. If you’ve been wanting to pull the trigger on a new monitor, consider getting the Xiaomi 34-inch Curved Gaming Monitor. Enjoy more immersive visuals and a wider field of view that is supported by an ultra-wide 21:9 display and 144 hz refresh rate.
Another worthwhile buy is a trusty wireless speaker. With the Edifier MP260 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker, you get solid Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity, multiple functions that include a built-in clock and USB, Micro-USB inputs, and AUX inputs, all in a stylish wooden box finish. This speaker packs a punch with its booming bass and will be a cool addition to your bedroom, living room, or work area.
Stay cozy and have these home items ready anytime
Aside from the known health benefits, there’s something undeniably therapeutic about drinking tea. Stock up your pantry withGold Leaf Green Tea Selections: Lavender so you can sip on a refreshing cup of tea to start the day, pick you up during midday breaks, or wind down at night before going to bed.
One of the very basic yet most important ways to practice self-care is by getting enough sleep. You need good sleep to keep you energized and help you recover after all the tasks you accomplished throughout the day. Look forward to a more luxurious sleep with the Home de Luxe Fleece Blanket. These blankets are soft, lightweight, and breathable and come in different colors and sizes.
Discover all the awesome products on exciting deals this Shopee 2.2 Free Shipping Sale: https://shopee.ph/m/22.
To enjoy more savings for your self-care essentials, use ShopeePay, Shopee’s all-in-one e-wallet where you can buy load, pay bills, send money and scan to pay at thousands of partner merchants nationwide. This 2.2 Free Shipping Sale, enjoy more free shipping vouchers at ₱0 minimum spend, exclusively with ShopeePay.
This 2.2, you can also get up to 50% cashback on your monthly bills from participating billers such as Meralco, Maynilad, PLDT, Globe, Smart, Manila Water, and Converge. If you need to stock up on groceries or home necessities, get big savings with ₱1 Deals via ‘ShopeePay Near Me’ on the Shopee app. Redeem your discounts by paying with ShopeePay at partner merchants such as Puregold, National Bookstore, Ultra Mega, Metro Department Store & Supermarket, FamilyMart, and many more.
With ShopeePay, you can also enjoy free transfers to any bank or any Shopee user. Until February 3, get a chance to win ₱110,000 when you send at least ₱1 to any Shopee user, or if it is your first time to send money with ShopeePay. Additionally, you can also cash in for free via InstaPay; get up to ₱25 cashback on your InstaPay fee when you cash in.
There’s a Nanyang near you for all your Singaporean food cravings
August 4, 2023 6:30 p.m.
Missing Singapore’s famous Hainanese Chicken Rice, Laksa fishball, Cheesy Chicken Chop Noodles and Kopi?
Visit your nearest Nanyang Philippines branch.
Globe powers up TOYCON 2023’s landmark 20th year
June 29, 2023 6:53 p.m.
As Toycon Philippines proudly commemorates its 20th year, the landmark celebration promises to be more electrifying than ever with the formidable support of leading digital lifestyle brand Globe.
Globe has always been at the forefront of supporting diverse subcultures and passions, and this partnership is a testament to its commitment. As part of the collaboration, Globe will bring to life the rich world of its cinematic and theatrical partners, further enriching the TOYCON 2023 experience for attendees.
“As the country’s most reliable network and top digital solutions platform with an ecosystem of various services, we’re uniquely positioned to foster the vibrancy of the toy collecting and creating community. This partnership underscores our commitment to nurturing a wide array of passions and interests while ensuring the best connectivity for all participants.”
Cholo Mallillin, Marketing Head at Toycon Philippines, said: “The collaboration with Globe will further elevate the Toycon experience. This partnership will bring more surprises and rewards to our community. We invite everyone to join us as we celebrate 20 years of Toycon in the most exciting way possible.”
TOYCON 2023 will be held at the SMX Convention Center in MOA from July 7 to 9, 2023. Attendees are in for a treat, as they have the chance to meet their beloved childhood characters, explore an expansive marketplace of unique toys and collectibles, and participate in exclusive Globe activities.
One of the highlights of the partnership is a series of exclusive perks for Globe customers. By using Globe Rewards points, customers will have the opportunity to win various ticket tiers ranging from Day Passes to VIP Passes. There will also be exclusive toy freebies for VIP pass holders, and unique Globe-only activities, such as paint-your-own Gudi.
At the event, Globe will also host an interactive booth featuring activities designed to reward and inspire. From earning freebies by donating Rewards points to a good cause, to free arcade plays and meet-ups with popular streamers, Globe customers are in for an exciting weekend of gaming and beyond.
To learn more about Globe, visit https://www.globe.com.ph/.
Love the long weekend break? Cybercriminals do, too
April 4, 2023 5:11 p.m.
There are 18 official public holidays in the Philippines. As we all know, when these dates fall close to a weekend or if the government pursues holiday economics, most Filipinos make plans in advance to take advantage of extended holiday breaks. This year, we can get to do that at least 12 times.
Unfortunately, cybercriminals get excited about holidays, too. To refresh everyone’s memory, the $81-million Bangladesh Bank heist back in 2016 is an example of a successful cyber attack, which happened on the first day of Lunar New Year, a national holiday in the Philippines and the rest of Asia.
“Now that the world has reopened, travel is back with a vengeance this year, hence the term ‘travel revenge’. Whether Filipinos are scheduling holiday trips or just staycation-ing during the long weekends, it’s important to observe simple digital security practices so you can get to sit back and relax as you take your well-deserved vacation. Security-first thinking opens doors for a more enjoyable holiday break, especially for Filipinos who are amongst the world’s most active online users,” comments Chris Connell, Managing Director for Asia Pacific at Kaspersky.
Both individuals and companies are advised to be extra mindful of personal cybersecurity best practices and internet hygiene when on a holiday.
For companies, Kaspersky suggests to:
- Conduct drills
- Stress to vacationing employees why data encryption, two-factor authentication, strong passwords, and locking devices when not in use are important.
- Discuss the steps to take if their device ends up getting stolen.
- Advise staff about charging smartphones in a wall socket, not through USBs at airports and other public places (these can be used to steal data from a device and infect it with malicious software, such as spyware.
- Educate employees about the dangers of public WIFI (and even hotel WIFI unless it is encrypted and password-protected) and how to use a secure connection such as with a VPN.
- Log out
- Terminate unnecessary VPN connections to the corporate infrastructure.
- End unnecessary sessions that employees have left on any devices for an extended period of time. This also applies to corporate messengers, web apps and any other services.
- Check that the list of employees with access to the corporate network via VPN or RDP include only authorized users. Revoke access from those who don’t need it.
- Create special “emergency” admin accounts for potential incident response over the holidays. The rights granted to regular admin accounts can even be temporarily restricted so that attackers cannot exploit them.
- Install patches for all key applications. This process is far simpler if your company uses security solutions with a built-in patch management system.
Meanwhile, Kaspersky encourages individuals to:
- Only browse trusted apps and websites and be careful about personal information you input like credit card numbers or home address.
- Do not click on links or open email attachments from travel sites when receiving confirmations. Trusted companies include such letters in the bodies of their emails. Malware is often disguised as an attached confirmation letter.
- Bring two or three or more credit or debit cards to have a backup plan in case of loss or needing to cancel one.
- Never leave valuables unattended. Put large amounts of cash and mobile devices or laptops in the hotel safe.
- Use a credit card as most have built-in protections against fraud. There is no protection against a scammer if you send them cash or even check or debit card payment in some cases. A money transfer service is not advisable.
- Ensure their devices has security software installed, ideally with anti-theft technology.